MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recieved my Arrow stubby full system today from Motovation. It arrived in perfect nick and was easy to install, thanks guys.

It sounds great.

Dave.

Attachments

·
Registered
786 Posts
I was going to say 'thats truly horrible' but compared to most bikes it looks nice. Compared to the original cans it just looks lame, although everything from the midpipe to headers looks amazing. But that's my opinion and I have no doubt whatsoever you have a good performance boost there and I'm sure it sounds nicer.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Squibby,

Thanks for the comments.

I would have loved a Moto Coarse Ti system but by the time you land one here in Oz your talking $7k, just stupid money.
I did also buy the mid pipe so if a set of factory race mufflers come along or I want to the standard ones back on I can.

I'm happy with it, Mrs boss is happy with what I spent, it sounds hot so all is good.

Dave.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I LIKE IT!!! I was thinking of doing the same mod on mine....
(that's the dark aluminum, yes?)

At some point, can we get a pic showing the system with the whole bike? Reference elimination of the CAT - did the system come with a midpipe or do you have to buy the system and midpipe??

...very nice.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi Dave,

I sort of agree with "squibby", the standard set up is better to look at. However cost is a real issue with MV Corse parts and your set up seems like a good compromise. Is that a "Dark Line" end can?
Looking at the photo it looks as though you have refitted the Lambda sensor, if so have you changed the ECU? I would be interested to hear your comments on how it changes the feel of the bike when ridden and if the bike now runs hotter than standard? Could you keep us updated?

Steve

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments.

Yes this is the "Dark line" end can.

I have a Power Commander III already fitted and it really transformed the bike on the standard exhaust system.
We are in the depths of winter here in Oz so have only fired it up in the shed. I'll get it out today and see how it fuels and if needed get another custom map done to smooth her back out.

I'll take some whole bike pics and post as well.

Cheers,

Dave.

·
Registered
395 Posts
best thing for me was being able to ride on the balls of my feet and not keep catching my ankle on the exhaust guard - does the job, I love it and the sound! wicked!
looks nice in black.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Looks great. I like the black alum and it should hold up better than a carbon can. :smoking:

Arrow kit is top notch.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I have the corse Ti but yours looks bad ass so just dont look back at all the riders crashing behind you as they hit your shock wave :)

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I have the corse Ti but yours looks bad ass so just dont look back at all the riders crashing behind you as they hit your shock wave :)
I agree...I reckon with the carbon hugger it looks well 'ard! :brutale:

·
Registered
241 Posts
Love it. Do you have the db killer installed?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks,

I took it for a short ride last Sunday. It sounds fantastic. I have left the DB killer in as I don't want to much noise.
I just need the weather to clear a bit, it's friggin cold and wet here at the moment.

Cheers,

Dave.

·
Registered
363 Posts
Dave, bike looks great. Looking at the Arrow I feel like putting the arrow back on my bike. Actually my bike had come with the arrow shorty but I put the original pipes back on before I took delivery as I like the looks of the original exhaust. So I have never ridden the bike with the arrow system. Think I will put them on soon.
Hope the weather clears up for you and you get some good rides out.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Dave, bike looks great. Looking at the Arrow I feel like putting the arrow back on my bike. Actually my bike had come with the arrow shorty but I put the original pipes back on before I took delivery as I like the looks of the original exhaust. So I have never ridden the bike with the arrow system. Think I will put them on soon.
Hope the weather clears up for you and you get some good rides out.
Put your arrow back on and take it for a ride Sarge, you wont want to take it off!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts