MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone mounted the Arrow stubby with the longer midpipe for the o2 sensor on a Euro3 Brutale? I would like to see pics to decide which way to go. I will use the Microtec from Xbikes but I would like to do it in steps to measure the difference. Pics from the side and the rear would be nice. Also wondering if the mounting bracket for the can is modified to retain the same position of the strap or is the strap no longer centered on the can, closer to the inlet. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks ChrisOK but no need to trouble yourself, I found one on youtube. It's not an option. Too much longer for my liking and the strap is moved toward the inlet due to the use of the same mounting bracket as the shorter one. Serious detraction from the overall appearance of the Arrow system. In fact, I'm having second thoughts about the Arrow. Maybe a midpipe for the stock cans.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Working with Arrow for a solution to the longer midpipe. Hope to hear from them soon. Alternatively there are some folks who have cut the link pipe shorter.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Working with Arrow for a solution to the longer midpipe. Hope to hear from them soon. Alternatively there are some folks who have cut the link pipe shorter.
On this.. So my 910R has what MV call the "Inox manifolds + pipes 'Strada' Brutale + ECU" exhaust system, which i would like to put an arrow on. I have the arrow slipon, and when i fit the arrow on (which seems to not quite fit correctly) the brace is right at the base of the slipon and it sticks out way to far. I would like it back where all the normal photos have it. But i cant seem to find a mid-pipe that will do this. In this case it will have to be a 4 into 1 from the headers to the arrow itself....

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
greminn
The Arrow comes with it's own midpipe (included in the price) but the Euro 2 version is shorter than the Euro 3 version because the Euro 3 version incorporates a bung for the o2 sensor. It sounds like you are trying to put an Arrow can on a midpipe designed for the stock cans or a race version of the stock cans. Perhaps you have aquired an Arrow but didn't get the midpipe that comes with it when new?

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I thought about adding the bung to the shorter midpipe but if that would work without being a cobbled up mess then why would the folks at Arrow extend it for the o2 sensor. I'm thinkin they probably know what they're doin! Perhaps the sensor can't be properly placed without the extra length.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That does look alot better than the Ti on orange and black that I've seen. Nice bike.

·
Registered
876 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the dark aluminum would look good with the orange/black but I'm gonna start with cat elimination, then a call to Xbikes, then decide on corse cans or shorty. Unless I trade up to the 1078!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts