MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

I'm about to buy a complete. Arrow shorty system for my 920. What I wanted to know is can it be fitted safely without replacing the ecu

Another thing is I have been told its fine but that I will get a check engine light because of the exhaust flap. Does anyone know a way around this is it possible to leave the exhaust servo plugged in but disconnect the cables as a way of keeping the engine light off.

Thank you all in advance

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the full Arrow system
Yes it can be used without changing the ECU

I did try to fit the Race ECU but it isnt plug n play and requires a full dyno setup and at the time there wasnt a company in Johannesburg that could do this

·
Registered
9 Posts
hi. i'm looking to fit an arrow system to my 2011 920 brutale. could someone explain exactly what this entails please. what do you do regarding the exhaust valve and lambda sensor? do you need to run a power power commander of some sort? any ideas on the bhp gain,how it affects power delivery. does it sound as good as it look?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Tim
I fitted the full system - not the slip-on
You dont need to run a power commander, however it would be a plus - I didnt
I bought the Corse Race ECU but after fitting the bike wouldnt run under 5000rpm - so I removed it, i then learned that this uint needs to be set up on a dyno and there is nobody in Johannesburg that can do this.
The lamda sensor screws into the new Arrow pipe - it has a fitting for it
didnt dyno mine - but it revs faster and smoother with no surging issues - additional bhp - i doubt it
But it screams like a Formula 1 Ferrari with the db killer removed

·
Registered
9 Posts
hiya,thanks for the info. so you are running the arrow system on stock mapping and it sorts itself out? i suppose a power commander would tweak in the last little bit. sorry to be a pain,but what did you do about the exhaust valve?

cheerz.

tim.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I dont remember the 920 having an exhaust valve, but if its the same as my Ducati then I simply removed the cables.
The power commander certainly wont do any harm - but I cant vouch that it will add any benefit either
I dont have any fuelling issues - no surging - no flat spots - just smooth

·
Registered
19 Posts
guys, do any of you know if the Arrow system comes homolgated for use on the European roads?
Here in Spain they screw you for every cent meaning they come down heavy on anything that is not signed and sealed correctly.

·
Registered
9 Posts
wicked,thanks a lot. i think i'll be fitting one over the winter. might push the boat out with a paint job and some carbon. tim.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Weasel

If I remember correctly the Arrow system had a removable decal "for track use"
Which I removed
According to the arrow website it is homologated

1 - 9 of 9 Posts