MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking in the files, I see several folks have fitted an Arrow brand shorty muffler.

I'm considering fitting an MV Corse supplied Arrow muff and pipes on my 1090RR.

From those who have first hand knowledge, I would like some feed back on the increased sound level, with the dB killer fitted and any experiences good or bad with the overall noise levels.

I prefer to tour on my bikes and spend the whole day in the saddle. Hopefully, I'll have some hearing left at the end of the day.

Best wishes,
Dick

·
Registered
787 Posts
I loooove mine. Get the titanium one. Everyone that hears it loves it. In fact I am probably gonna put Arrow on pretty much every bike I will own in the future. You wont regret it.

·
Registered
84 Posts
So has it been agreed that the new Corse exhaust indeed comes from Arrow?

·
Registered
178 Posts
Spidi, do u run urs with or without db killers on street? I run my termis without, doesnt seem to be a problem with my ducati. no one complained yet.

·
Registered
787 Posts
I run mine without the DB killer. I have had a few riders complain when they ride to the side of me... but only one or two of hundreds.... and they should be wearing ear plugs anyway so I dont feel too bad for them if they don't, haha.

i always wear ear plugs.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is the exhaust being offered

Attached are two photos of the exhaust MV Agusta Corse is offering. The pipes are titanium and one can read Arrow's name on the can.

I'm hoping it is not too loud.

I hate it when I drive by the community mail box and a bunch of older ladies picking up their mail wave at me and give ya the finger!

Pix are from the 2010 EICMA show.

Dick

Attachments

·
Registered
210 Posts
Racasey
Do you know if that exhaust comes with a db killer. I was looking at the same set up but couldnt get any info due to language difficulties.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dB killers and other strange fowl

According to Matt Stutzman at MV Agusta USA, the complete exhaust system supplied, as part number #RDMT012078, for the 1090RR, comes with dB killer installed.

Dick

·
Registered
210 Posts
Cheers M8, I think that set up looks awesome and it will sort out the problem I'm having with my right foot sticking out at a strange angle due to the original set up.

·
Registered
178 Posts
HP numbers?

does anyone know what kind of horsepower the 1090 will put out after the full system and ecu? I am waiting for the system and will post a dyno chart after I get it installed and hit engine break in.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I didnt get any specifics but I spoke to the guy at Evolution on the phone and he said the power hike is amazing and worth every penny. While I was looking into this I dropped an email to Arrow exhausts, this is their reply

"thank you very much for contacting Arrow Special Parts.
Concerning your enquiry, we are going to produce an exhaust for Brutale 1090 in the next months. I suggest you to contact Arrow distributor in the United Kingdom to get more information."

Did get me thinking that perhaps the MV Corse system is not made by them.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Scrap that, I've just looked and it clearly says Arrow on the MV Corse exhaust, perhaps they have an arrangement with MV that they will not release an aftermarket version for a set period of time, say six months. Whatever they do, you can guarantee the Arrow branded aftermarket version will be half the price. The question is have I got the patience to wait.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
makes the Brutale much more fun.. take out the DB killer and it sounds like a Ferrari

·
Registered
178 Posts
Yeah, thanks for the sound clip......I may have to leave those DB Killers in as much as I'd like to run the pipes open. That was LOUD.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Yeah, thanks for the sound clip......I may have to leave those DB Killers in as much as I'd like to run the pipes open. That was LOUD.
I ran the bike without the db killers and it was LOUD!!!... so glad I ordered the db killers because they didn't come with the bike when I bought it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Arrow exhaust products have found their way onto 2 of my three motorcycles (916 and Hypermotard). Until recently I was only considering the MV Corse exhaust for my 910R but after hearing one in person the other day I'm finding the decision much more difficult.

The new MV Corse exhaust for the 1090/990 looks the business. :drool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts