MV Agusta Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
That looks positively hand stamped by someone who's first language isn't English. I would also question that it's stamped on the one part that's easiest to replace.
Thanks Akorenika. I was actually after an OEM set of Arrow pipes and that's what I purchased. However when I opened the box I saw these and I thought that perhaps the seller didn't know that this was a set of RG3? I was thinking I had the deal of my life haha English is not my first language either that's probably why I didn't spotted at first that it sounds a bit broken.

I bought them very cheap but if they are not an original RG3 I will return them. I already have a modded exhaust but prefer OEM or genuine RG3s.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thanks Akorenika, I have been looking through the forum and I found this old thread:

These are like the one I got, it also says "For use in race tracks only", exactly same in the same location. I don't know what to think now. I will do some more research, perhaps open a new thread, I don't want to take over Juanfran's post :LOL:

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
I'm pretty sure my late F4 750 RG3's had that writing, I remember covering the band with foil tape..

·
Registered
61 Posts
I'm pretty sure my late F4 750 RG3's had that writing, I remember covering the band with foil tape..
Thanks merc07. I have been researching old posts in here and the exhaust is definitely an RG3, I have found at least two old threads showing the exact same exhaust as mine. I am keeping it!

It is one of the early ones, it says cagiva in the inner tip and has no homologation E stamps. MOT is due in July I think so I might use your tip to cover the "race only" stamp :p

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Could you post a picture of the tips like the one below? Having a picture of the internals would definitely help to identify if your exhaust is an RG3. Preferably with the flash on so we can clearly see the inside of both tips.

View attachment 485739

Mines are the former non slash cut RG3s, they have literally just arrived today. They don't have "RG3" stamped outside or the homologation E3 either. However, they have the "For use in race tracks only" on the clip:

View attachment 485742

View attachment 485744

If it helps, spanish -> Juanfran82, podrías subir una foto como la primera que he puesto en mi mensaje? A ser posible una foto con el flash activado para poder ver claramente el interior de los dos silenciadores. Esto ayudaría a identificar el escape. El modelo que yo tengo en mi F4 750 es el antiguo (sin el final slash cut), me ha llegado literalmente hoy. No pone RG3 fuera, pero no llevan la E de la homologación y en el clip del silenciador pone "Solamente para uso en circuito". La verdad es que parece que no existe un standard en cuanto al escape RG3 se refiere, pero de toda la información que he leído en los últimos meses el interior de los silenciadores es clave, ahi es dónde puede verse claramente si es de serie o no. Un saludo.
Thank you for your effort with the Spanish language! Definitely much better than my English!! (y)🍻

I don’t have more photos, but I saw it, and can confirm that it has much more diameter than the originals in all tips, like yours.

🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thank you for your effort with the Spanish language! Definitely much better than my English!! (y)🍻

I don’t have more photos, but I saw it, and can confirm that it has much more diameter than the originals in all tips, like yours.

🤷‍♂️
No problem Juanfran82, I was actually born in Spain ;) and I speak fluent Spanish 🇪🇸.

Have you installed the exhaust already? Any sound/performance improvement?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
No problem Juanfran82, I was actually born in Spain ;) and I speak fluent Spanish 🇪🇸.

Have you installed the exhaust already? Any sound/performance improvement?
That’s great!!👍👍

I have not bought it yet. It's a bit far. According to the owner, the sound changes a lot and the response of the motorcycle changes as well. One of the reasons for wanting an exhaust is to lower the temperature of the motorcycle, another would be the weight and the sound. I am also thinking of a Titanium Bodis, which meets all the requirements, but does not maintain the original aesthetic and the price is much higher ...

·
Registered
230 Posts
FWIW I had a set of stock pipes off of a 2007 senna and they were identical too these pipes with the exact same emissions compliance stamp on the outer shell and the larger ID on the baffle.

·
Registered
230 Posts
juanfran82 just go with the Bodis, you wont regret it. these pipes are nice but theres not a lot of difference soundwise between these and stock. Bodis sounds positively evil

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
That looks positively hand stamped by someone who's first language isn't English. I would also question that it's stamped on the one part that's easiest to replace.
you mean, like, Italian?

Reactions: Juanfran82

·
Registered
61 Posts
That’s great!!👍👍

I have not bought it yet. It's a bit far. According to the owner, the sound changes a lot and the response of the motorcycle changes as well. One of the reasons for wanting an exhaust is to lower the temperature of the motorcycle, another would be the weight and the sound. I am also thinking of a Titanium Bodis, which meets all the requirements, but does not maintain the original aesthetic and the price is much higher ...
I can't comment on your bike and the slash cut RG3 in terms of sound/performance, but I can give you my opinion of the RG3 on the F4 750 since I have just installed it on mine.

I had the bike warming up for a bit to check the new exhaust note. I will have to properly test it to assess performance, but sound wise I noticed right away that it is not as loud as the de-baffled stock exhaust. It sounds deeper and more refined, less mechanical. Overall sounds better in my opinion as I found the modded OEM exhaust too loud. Never heard an unmodified stock exhaust on the F4 750, I don't know how big of a difference there is.

From my experience if you are looking for something really loud perhaps the RG3 is not the best option. But if you want to preserve the organ pipe look and a sound slightly louder and deeper than the stock exhaust then go for it.

·
Registered
3,456 Posts

·
Super Moderator
24,108 Posts
Our knowledge is limited by our experience. I have to go with what I see in those pictures.....they look blue to me...

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Here is another example of RG3 slash cut without the markings....I am not sure what to think.

I have the slash cut RG3 version, it was the last of the RG3 series. The end tips came either in silver or titanium color. This whole series has the e3 mark and no RG3 stamp.

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Pics of mine here.
RG3a.jpg
RG3.jpg
RG3.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I have the slash cut RG3 version, it was the last of the RG3 series. The end tips came either in silver or titanium color. This whole series has the e3 mark and no RG3 stamp.
Hi! Thanks for your help in advance!

May you upload a few pics of the E3, etc and details that can make me know if mine was modify?

👌👌

·
Premium Member
5,645 Posts
Hi! Thanks for your help in advance!

May you upload a few pics of the E3, etc and details that can make me know if mine was modify?

👌👌
What would you like to see specifically?

21 - 40 of 41 Posts