MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Besides the looks. Thunder is a bit more screaming. I had thunder on my 910r and pro racing on my 1090RR, both great - but a bit deeper sound in Pro Racing.

And it look really cool I think:)

·
Registered
195 Posts
I have a Thunder...

It is insanely loud..

Like get your bike defected loud.

Sounds awesome.

Looks awesome too!!!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I have the Thunder - Black
It came with a label for RACE use only. Not for road use
At full cry it sounds like a ferrari F1 car
No problems but yes it is LOUD

·
Registered
31 Posts
@Brut920

... where'd you get the system mate and are you happy with it? I'm looking to decat my bike, but there seem to be plenty chancers around joburg and pretoria area

... oh and did you have to chip it or are you running on standard ECU?

·
Registered
20 Posts
@Brut920

... where'd you get the system mate and are you happy with it? I'm looking to decat my bike, but there seem to be plenty chancers around joburg and pretoria area
Great system have the titanium thunder on my 1090RR. Huge weight saving. Good performance increase and insane sound.
You do have to ride with ear plugs though.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I ride with Stevie Ray Vaughan , Aerosmith and Deep Purple blasting inside my lid ... so no issues with a loud pipe . Neighbors might have other ideas though ;)

Where'd you have yours fitted Spawn?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Haha sounds like a plan. Give me some wolfmother and black keys.

Bought system, and had it fitted at Bikeshop Boksburg. Ask for Martinus, looked after my baby and got her dyno'd.
Rode away with wheel spinning in third gear, and a dyno readout of 182 hp and 127 nm in my pocket.

·
Registered
106 Posts
@Brut920

... oh and did you have to chip it or are you running on standard ECU?
I bought it from one of this forums sponsors Moto Corse - it is the full system with no cat.
I am extremely happy with it, fortunately here in the backwoods the traffic plods dont have noise detectors so we never get harassed for noise, so I run it with the db killer out and moulded earplugs in.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I bought it from one of this forums sponsors Moto Corse - it is the full system with no cat.
I am extremely happy with it, fortunately here in the backwoods the traffic plods dont have noise detectors so we never get harassed for noise, so I run it with the db killer out and moulded earplugs in.
Shot for the reply

... my credit card is however cringing with terror .... 3,850 pounds + shipping + import duties ...hell , I could get a small used car for that kind of tin ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Shot for the reply

... my credit card is however cringing with terror .... 3,850 pounds + shipping + import duties ...hell , I could get a small used car for that kind of tin ;)
It is expensive, I got mine from Agusta, it's the Mv Corse branded arrow. But definitely worth it on 1090RR.

I had 920 before the RR and always felt somewhat gutless, with full system it will be just right.
:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Sorry, i didnt get it from Moto Corse - it was actually Evolution Bike

http://www.evolutionbike.it/mvagustastore/index.php/exhausts/brutale2010/arrow/71428mi.html

At the time the complete system, down pipes, de-cat pipe, and Black thunder slip-on and the discounted Price (i bought a whole basket of goodies) was under Euro500
I then had it shipped out via a Company in Italy with which I do business and have regular shipments
And as it was included in a large shipment the shipping costs were absorbed

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Hey Brut920, I see you have the Kriega bag. How do you find the fit on the 920s full seat? Shift much, scratch paint, annoying fitment? What's your opinion overall on it? Sorry to take the thread a bit off topic :)

I'm still debating the Arrow Pro Racing for my 1090R, ~$1300CAD with the Full Thunder being about 300 less. Decent pricing, but :thewife:.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Kriega is superb stuff . Had a week away on my brutale with a kriega US20 . 100% rock solid at speed and takes seconds to remove once at the hotel .

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hey Brut920, I see you have the Kriega bag. How do you find the fit on the 920s full seat? Shift much, scratch paint, annoying fitment? What's your opinion overall on it? Sorry to take the thread a bit off topic :)

I'm still debating the Arrow Pro Racing for my 1090R, ~$1300CAD with the Full Thunder being about 300 less. Decent pricing, but :thewife:.
I have the Kriega US40 system, which comprises 1 x US20 that strap to the seat and 2 x US10 that strap to side of the US20.
Its awesome kit. I have attached the 4 straps to subframe under the seat in such a way that only the attachment loops stick out from under the seat, the US20 then attaches extremely easily to these loops. But if you use the 2 x US10's you must ensure that the US20 is completely chockers full or the 2 x US10's will fit a bit sloppy
No paint damage at all, and very easy fitment and removal
The luggage does not move around at all totally secure and no chance of exhaust interference. I have bought extra sets of straps and use the Kriega US20 every single day on all my bikes (it has a lifetime guarantee, although nearly 2yrs now and nothing has needed replacing).

IMO the best setup would be to have 4 x Kriega US20's, 2 can then go one on top of the other, and then 1 each US20 strapped onto each side of other 2
With the Kriega strap together compatability function between all the bags, it will all go together easyily in any configuration

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
Arrow Thunder here.......sold the Db killer..... bought here on the Forum F/S section, NO, I won't tell you what I paid......it was new in the plastic bag without the box......like I want the box:naughty:

you guys were sleeping:drummer::drummer:

·
Registered
484 Posts
Arrow Thunder here.......sold the Db killer..... bought here on the Forum F/S section, NO, I won't tell you what I paid......it was new in the plastic bag without the box......like I want the box:naughty:

you guys were sleeping:drummer::drummer:
Hoping I can do the same :naughty: Going to keep my eye out for one this season and if no one sells you can usually find close out prices at the end of the year. I wish I could just do the slip on and mid pipe to eliminate the cat without having to do headers but it's all welded!:banghead:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts