MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Brutale 1090RR
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone had anything to do with these. I’m looking to something a bit quieter and deeper than my Thunder shorty.
Thanks,
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
I don’t.
Are you using the thunder silencer or is it open? The silencer tames the full open sound.

·
Old Wing Nut
23,290 Posts
dB killer insert......

·
Registered
Brutale 1090RR
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I really don’t like the sound that much with the baffle. It’s quieter but still drones at 120km/h and gets on my nerves after a few hours. It also makes it sound really airy if you know what I mean.

·
Premium Member
2,886 Posts
I sure hope you are using quality ear protection.

·
Registered
Brutale 1090RR
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do use the baffle and hearing protection but it sounds like a $5 exhaust with the baffle in so I’m looking at other options. I might just get a 2:2 link pile and go with a double stacked option.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I still like my original system. The look is like nothing else out there, and the sound is there but not too much. Definitely no droning.

·
Registered
Brutale 1090RR
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I still like my original system. The look is like nothing else out there, and the sound is there but not too much. Definitely no droning.
Do you still have the cat? I’ve got my eye on some originals that I might pair up with an arrow link pipe.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
In QLD we had a period of time when the police were handing out tickets for anything that had a modified exhaust, so I left mine stock with the cat. It certainly generates some heat on the legs when going through the city, but is more bearable at highway speeds.
The general consensus is that a decat means the bike will need a remap or race ecu with the o2 sensor delete. You most likely already have that with your current setup. There doesn’t seem to be anyone in Australia who can get in to the ecu coding, so that is the other reason mine is still stock.

·
Registered
38 Posts
my 2013 1090r has a full arrow system, thunder can with baffle and a power commander and another box under the seat - runs great as well as making great pops and farts on gear changes - this was all on it when i bought it in 2015, so no idea on the setup - can have a look at the stuff under the seat tomorrow if you're interested

·
Registered
Brutale 1090RR
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks mate, that would be great. Honestly it’s probably not that bad, just the endless search for something better. All of my mates think it sounds great and it really only bothers me after 3 or 4 hours. I was looking for something deeper than the thunder but may just stick with it. A link pipe at $500 and then the muffler and probable mapping issues is more than likely not worth the hassle. I’m always up for any tuning ideas though. Where in Oz are you?

·
Registered
38 Posts
sorry mate, you were too quick. just into my 3rd beer now, so will check tomorrow
i'm in bronte, eastern suburbs sydney

·
Registered
38 Posts
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive lighting Vehicle

under the seat a dynojet Autotune and a Power Commader V - connected to each other
on the link pipe there are 2 (what look like) oxygen sensors - i think one is the original sensor and the other must have come with the black boxes - not sure how they work - hope this helps
Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Alloy wheel Motor vehicle

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle Bicycle tire

·
Registered
2012 Moto Guzzi Norge GT8V
44 Posts
It's a wide band oxygen sensor. It sends info to the "black boxes" so they can optimize the air/fuel ratio.
I have the same set-up on my Guzzi. It works beautifully.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Got my 1090rr with the full Arrow race system dyno tuned on a Rexxer system.
Rexxer supply the base maps which are then dyno tweaked to the individual machine.
IMHO true dyno tuning done correctly will always give a better result than piggyback boxes however ‘customisable’.

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design Hood

1 - 17 of 17 Posts