MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed my pro racing exhaust..stock air filter. .my headers were red hot ..guess I need a remap or power commander any thoughts ?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I'd say normal during first run in as when the header is first heated up it starts to oxidize/interact with the air around it. I've seen this often when installing new headers on both motorcycles and cars. More so in cars that switch from cast manifolds to thin/lightweight headers. It is usually a dull glow. If it was a bright red in the sunlight and it continues after run in, it may be lean. There is also no moving air to cool it off if you were just letting it idle.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ran it twice I noticed it red hot at night when slowing down to my drive ..first time at idle didn't notice until 2nd run took on hi way and city riding

·
Registered
465 Posts
Does the exhaust pop a lot on the decel? A little pop is ok. Usually overheating and popping indicates a lean condition .

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Does the exhaust pop a lot on the decel? A little pop is ok. Usually overheating and popping indicates a lean condition .
I notice little popping almost like my speed triple had slip on arrows ..exhaust can looked tanned color going for another run tonight see what happens

1 - 5 of 5 Posts