1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So,

Just received my arrow midpipe.

bought on ebay for $290.

Should I wait for the break in to finish before installing it?
Are there any gotchas?

Thanks!

·
Registered
922 Posts
I think you should wait a long, long time. That way you can admire the many surfaces on the cat. What in sheep arse's name are you waiting for--break your bike in tonight!!!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dearpixel said:
I think you should wait a long, long time. That way you can admire the many surfaces on the cat. What in sheep arse's name are you waiting for--break your bike in tonight!!!
I installed it same day that I got it... could not wait....

but I still have not ridden the bike with it...

Goddamn work interferes with my hobby!!!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Install it...break-in is stupid...didn't you see the thread where Peet visited the MV factory...they flog the shit outta the motor for 20 minutes, and it's documented...the motor is FAR PAST any "break-in period"....

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Calm down killer........he posted this before Peet went to the factory
he said he put it on right away anyway!
I think someone has been doing to much flash :flickoff:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
You know the one thing missing in all the 'break in' engine debate (irrespective of what they do in the factory) in the owner has to feel they are doing the right thing with what after all is a major purchase.
A new owner is torn between the manual's method which is after all the manufacture's recomendation on a motor they built, and the masses of stuff on web sites and mechanical boffins telling every novice and new owner to trash it within an ounce of its life!
My personal point of view on this is irrelevant, I just say we should offer sound and factual advice to many seeking answers on this most important topic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts