MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I have a Brutale 1090RR-2010 model. Have just fitted an Arrow full system.
It's running badly now. Do I need a remap, power commander or what?

·
Administrator
20,064 Posts
Uh....yes.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Hi. I have a Brutale 1090RR-2010 model. Have just fitted an Arrow full system.
It's running badly now. Do I need a remap, power commander or what?
Long gone, are the days of pulling off your standard exhaust system and installing a race system and riding off into the distance............

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yep ...should pick up 10bhp or more at the back wheel and be super smooth after its mapped. You can use a piggy back like a power commander but there are places that can map them for similar price (or less depending how much you pay total for fitting and mapping of the piggy back device like a PC5)

·
Registered
12 Posts
You will need a remap for sure or a PowerCommander I am interested in your full system as I have a 1090rr 2013 that’s way to quite to called a Brutale where did you get it and how much?

·
Registered
548 Posts
Big range of exhausts here from forum sponsors, always had great service from Evolutionbike in Italy. Sometimes find Arrow full systems on ebay on offer EB MV Store - Brutale 2010 Onwards Most UK dealers will offer the MV Corse exhausts (made by Arrow) or you can get from any Arrow dealer. Range from £800 to over £2k for a full system depending on stainless/titanium etc.

On my Brutale 1090RR I have MV Corse (Arrow) OL4 titanium silencers + silmoto titanium headers. prices on stainless steel headers with or without Race ECU/map are on Evolutionbike site.

There are a few options on ECU mapping, really depends on your approach :

1. MV Race ECU and generic factory map for exhaust, disables exhaust valve (£600 ECU swap)
2. Exhaust valve eliminator from Healtec + custom remap from Hilltop racing or Rexxer installer (£40 +£300)
3. Exhaust valve eliminator + piggy back ECU like power commander (£40 +£400 fitted)
4. MV Race ECU (disables exhaust valve) then get it custom remapped (most expensive as you have a £600 ECU + £300 mapping session)

Note the MV "race" ECU and standard ECU are just the same, direct swap, just hold different maps, so an expensive way of getting a generic map with the exhaust valve disabled.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Big range of exhausts here from forum sponsors, always had great service from Evolutionbike in Italy. Sometimes find Arrow full systems on ebay on offer EB MV Store - Brutale 2010 Onwards Most UK dealers will offer the MV Corse exhausts (made by Arrow) or you can get from any Arrow dealer. Range from £800 to over £2k for a full system depending on stainless/titanium etc.

On my Brutale 1090RR I have MV Corse (Arrow) OL4 titanium silencers + silmoto titanium headers. prices on stainless steel headers with or without Race ECU/map are on Evolutionbike site.

There are a few options on ECU mapping, really depends on your approach :

1. MV Race ECU and generic factory map for exhaust, disables exhaust valve (£600 ECU swap)
2. Exhaust valve eliminator from Healtec + custom remap from Hilltop racing or Rexxer installer (£40 +£300)
3. Exhaust valve eliminator + piggy back ECU like power commander (£40 +£400 fitted)
4. MV Race ECU (disables exhaust valve) then get it custom remapped (most expensive as you have a £600 ECU + £300 mapping session)

Note the MV "race" ECU and standard ECU are just the same, direct swap, just hold different maps, so an expensive way of getting a generic map with the exhaust valve disabled.

View attachment 480044
Looks great what’s the BHP?

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
oooooh, please share the dyno !

·
Registered
548 Posts
Looks great what’s the BHP?
Picked up 11bhp & 5lb/ft over standard, from 141 to 152bhp at back wheel, probably 170bhp crank.

Mapping and power delivery is super smooth, better than OEM, and over 10kg in weight lost compared to the original system.

...but mostly it sounds and looks great, and no steel pipes to polish all the time :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Picked up 11bhp & 5lb/ft over standard, from 141 to 152bhp at back wheel, probably 170bhp crank.

Mapping and power delivery is super smooth, better than OEM, and over 10kg in weight lost compared to the original system.

...but mostly it sounds and looks great, and no steel pipes to polish all the time :)
I ended up just wrapping the whole exhaust system since mine is stainless steel and I bought it that way.. I would of loved to have a TI system instead though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I want, I must, I will! Very Jealous right now, I need to feel this Bike doing it’s thing, that’s why I bought it to in leash us both.
Never had an MV that was tame not going to start now, where do I sign😊

1 - 16 of 16 Posts