MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone put the system on a 1090 RR and are you using a Power Commander with an autotune. That should be exhaust not exhuast

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
2010 1090 Rr

Yes and no.

I installed a MotoCorse exhaust...essentially the same as Arrow:

IMG_0030r.jpg

IMG_0031r.jpg

IMG_0032r.jpg

I had my ECU (5SM) tuned by a local dyno guy.

FWIW, the bike ran fine before the tuning.

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks. I ordered the Arrow from one of the Forum sponsors and have always used the Power Commander but never the autotune

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
the autotune should be fine ,easy to use,and works.the only problem you might have is that you will not be able to map the first 20 percent .because you do not have a race ecu installed.my pc5 also came with a optimizer,but i have no need for it as i have a race ecu.

cheers eddy

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
Why won't the PC autotune touch the first 20% of the regular 5SM but will touch the first 20% of the "race" 5SM?

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
It is being over-ridden by the standard ecu ,wich is looking for the lambda sensor reading.

I think i am correct,but never 100 percent,maybe 99.9 percent,so i leave myself open to being wrong. LoL

CHEERS EDDY

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
In The Race ecu the Lambda sensor instructions has been disabled.And the Pc5 will work correctly from 0 percent throttle to 100 percent throttle.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
There is no sensor and I do have the race ecu. I had the setup dyno tuned. From what I understand, the lambda sensor is only used in the first 3% of throttle opening...an emissions gig.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have the same set up as silentservice. Stock ecu, (remapped by Ferracci), no sensors etc. When talking about the USA homolgated 1090 ,some bikes run fine with just the exhaust swap, some need additional tuning . If you do the air filter and exhaust , then it's very likely your going to need a remapping or third party tuning hardware.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Have the race ECU and PCV with my Arrow exhaust. Took mine to a shop for the install/autotune adjustment. The tech installed two bungs at the base of the collectors (where four diverge to two) for two O2 optimizers. System runs pretty smooth. Think I would still like to take to a dyno for some true numbers.

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Hi brett ,if you have the race ecu ,you have no need for the optimizers,mate just get it on a Dyno,with mine they blocked of the erg valve,before they put it on the dyno,very easy to do they just use a Marble.
I suppose everyone does it differently.

cheers eddy
ps:make shaw you do a tps reset.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hello eddy. The optimizers are part of the PCV unit. The tech that worked on it did the tps reset. Appreciate the heads up. brett

·
Registered
5,921 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
when installing the Arrow system, will any error messages come up and what do you do with the 02 sensor wire?

·
Registered
251 Posts
I installed the exhaust prior to getting the race ECU so put the O2 sensor back in. Bike ran okay without any errors. Did have one stall when coming to a stop. Got a BMC filter and race ECU soon after but left the sensor in place (even though as stated there is no need).
All that said, not sure what will happen if you install the PC5 with the standard ECU and remove the O2 sensor. Might get an error as the ECU is looking for that signal.

·
Super Moderator
22,105 Posts
You can find out easy enough...just unplug the sensor on your current setup and see what occurs.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Eddy...apologize for not thoroughly reading your previous posts. Your input makes more sense. Have to admit not being that saavy on the tuning part. Was told the O2 optimizers would help when using the autotune feature. Figure you have a better grasp than I do. Maybe paid for something I didn't need.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have been contemplating to upgrade the exhaust system on my 2012 Brutale. The main goal it to remove the catalytic converter and shed off some weight and in the process gain a few HP.

Found a exhaust on eBay http://bit.ly/1gWcCwJ may work but wanted to get some feedback from experts if this particular exhaust with fit my Brutale retaining the stock tail pipes. Also if I will require tuning thereafter?

View item:
71450MI - GROUP MANIFOLDS RACING ARROW MV AGUSTA BRUTALE 920/990 R/1090 RR

ImageUploadedByMO Free1395771903.172015.jpg

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
It Says 1090 brutale so should fit no problem,as for tuning it might be ok,a lot of guys on here have done this and say that there bike runs fine,my personal opion is get a pc5 or microtec,and go and have it dyno tuned correctly.How would anyone know if there bike is tuned correctly otherwise.your fuel mileage will the be spot on,I hate a snachy throttle,and i do not have one,smooth all the way from 1280 rpm all the way up.but like i said have heard otherwise on this forum.

cheers eddy

1 - 20 of 56 Posts