MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got an Arrow exhaust system for my 04 Brutale S, also got the MV Corse slip-ons. Is this a bolt on system? Or should I get the headers/collectors/midpipe welded? Or can I just bolt it on, slipping the pipes together? I've got to get it tuned with the new chip at the dealer, and the nearest dealer is over an hour away from me. I inquired about the ballpark figures about getting it installed and haven't heard back from them. So, needless to say, I'm getting anxious to ride and I'm wanting to put it on myself.

Thanks,
-Roy

·
Registered
626 Posts
I would not weld anything, exhaust wise. Both those systems should be a direct swap for the stock. (Im assuming you mean the Arrow Thunder pipe which is the low mount stubby pipe; Arrow does make a dual pipe system that routes like factory) With the Arrow Thunder the mid-pipe is removed and the Arrow unit bolted up. With the MV Corse slip ons, its just a remove and replace with the stock pipes. Check members galleries to see the difference.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the Arrow inbox system: headers, collectors and mid-pipe. I also have the Mv Corse slip-ons, because I'm wanting to keep the stock appearance. Will I get exhaust leaks if it's not welded?

·
Registered
106 Posts
The OEM exhaust on my 920 was in two parts
The headers and catalytic convertor all in one unit, then the two tail pipes
To fit the Arrow system I had to buy the full system which comprises; 4 header pipes, 2 of 2 into 1 pipes, 1 larger 2 into 1 pipe (cat eliminator) and then the slip on, everything is pushed together and held with springs, and the only fixed mounting is at the header pipes and the slip-on hanger bracket

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all your input guys. I got the exhaust all bolted on and snugged up tight with the springs. Getting it to the dealer to get it tuned next week, so I should be riding by next weekend!

-Roy

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Thanks for all your input guys. I got the exhaust all bolted on and snugged up tight with the springs. Getting it to the dealer to get it tuned next week, so I should be riding by next weekend!

-Roy
Congrats mate, now is there any reason why you believe you can't ride it before you get it to the dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Donsy,

I have to put in the new EPROM chip. Doesn't that have to be interfaced with the Ecu. I took off the cat and replaced with the Arrow midpipe. Also, to you guys that have done this swap, does the flange that is on the midpipe go behind or in front of the grommet on the bottom of the bike? I put mine behind and the slip-ons look real close to the rear wheel.
Much appreciated,

-Roy

·
Registered
626 Posts
Yeah previous owner of my Brutale installed the Arrow Thunder pipe. He also had the pipe real close to the tire, the pipe actually has rubber marks on it...I made some space by moving the gromet/spacer to the other side forcing the pipe to move away from the tire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still having some woes with this.... I had the new chip installed that came with my Arrow system. My problem is now that the Mv Corse slip-on is still close to the tire, and actually has about 1/8" of side-to-side play. It's not snugged up tight with the mid-pipe, like the stock exhaust was. I'm worried about it coming in contact with the tire if I corner hard (which is often). Jwm2k3(John) could you post a couple of pics on how you got some more clearance? Or anyone else if they'd experienced this problem? I hauled it an hour and a half to the closest dealer thinking that they would come up with a solution, but the pipe is still moving. I had a few choice words with the mechanic who said "Oh that's perfectly normal" and in short, I'm never taking my bike back there. I've got two extra springs that I'm going to add to the slip-on and midpipe to see if that snugs it up better. Is there some sort of retaining ring that should go inside the midpipe that helps assist the slip-on? And can anyone who reads this with a stock exhaust measure their exhaust pipes to wheel clearance for me? I should've done this before the swap, but I had no clue I would run into this problem.
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
626 Posts
All I did to move the pipe away from the tire was to remove the bolt that hold the clamp around the pipe, and put the clamp tabs on the outside of the hanger tab(on the rearset).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts