MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My MV dealer just installed on my 2010 F4 and after just 1 hour of riding the carbon fiber exhaust tips are melting. I thought they fixed this?! I would expect better from Arrow and MV especially when costing a small fortune...

Does anyone know if this bs is under Arrow's warranty? The right thing for MV or Arrow to do is replace the carbon tips ASAP at no charge.

What should I do? Who can I contact to get this issue resolved?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Wow...that is one hot arse you have there! LOL Okay...that was bad...hope they step up to the plate and take care of them for you.

·
Registered
3,111 Posts
My MV dealer just installed on my 2010 F4 and after just 1 hour of riding the carbon fiber exhaust tips are melting. I thought they fixed this?! I would expect better from Arrow and MV especially when costing a small fortune...

Does anyone know if this bs is under Arrow's warranty? The right thing for MV or Arrow to do is replace the carbon tips ASAP at no charge.

What should I do? Who can I contact to get this issue resolved?
CF melting? That's funny, I didn't know CF was a thermoplastic.

Deal only with your dealer and look at the warranty he gave you; you bought the bike from him. Don't bother with the warranties he's having to deal with.

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
does it have the MV corse stamped on the side like this pic?

I think the revised ones all have that stamp, but I don't think the first issued ones did (someone correct me if I am wrong)

If it is a new version.....just curious if you ride in a lot of traffic and get stuck at a stop or slow speeds a lot. I think this would be a lot harder on the tips without the wind cooling them off.

Worst case scenario, take your original tips off of the stock exhaust and have them ceramic coated black or something and put those back on. Annoying...yes.....big deal....no. The exhaust is still cool to have with the ECU.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the feedback. I do have the stamp on the sides. It looks just like yours kawininja but the resin on the tips is starting to burn/melt. I don't live an area with excessive traffic and it is frustrating that this is happening brand new after 1 hour of summer riding. This really does seem like a product defect that should be addressed... I hate to put back on the stock tips bc of a product that didn't work right from the start. It sounds like my only hope is to visit my MV dealer again..

·
Registered
208 Posts
does it have the MV corse stamped on the side like this pic?

I think the revised ones all have that stamp, but I don't think the first issued ones did (someone correct me if I am wrong)

If it is a new version.....just curious if you ride in a lot of traffic and get stuck at a stop or slow speeds a lot. I think this would be a lot harder on the tips without the wind cooling them off.

Worst case scenario, take your original tips off of the stock exhaust and have them ceramic coated black or something and put those back on. Annoying...yes.....big deal....no. The exhaust is still cool to have with the ECU.
I think MV have the best customers in the world!!

Anyone who pays top money for a product which fails instantly ,then says oh well I will fix it myself is either deluded or too scared to throw it back in their faces.

Would you pay a builder to build you a home then move in & find the roof leaks & the chimney falls off & the electrics fail, then say oh well I"ll get my tools out!!!!:jsm:

I would not EVER accept any premium product which fails or breaks down. For this reason I will NOT be purchasing any more MV"s until they sort out their appalling customer service & quality issues. My company would go out of business if I sold a product NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

But of course others will still waste their money on a badge which no longer represents quality, but only pose value.

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Resin isnt supposed to burn or melt. I think they sprayed the carbon with automotive clear to give it shine. You might have old stock with the non updated carbon tips. Talk to your dealer and get a replacement!

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
I think MV have the best customers in the world!!

Anyone who pays top money for a product which fails instantly ,then says oh well I will fix it myself is either deluded or too scared to throw it back in their faces.

Would you pay a builder to build you a home then move in & find the roof leaks & the chimney falls off & the electrics fail, then say oh well I"ll get my tools out!!!!:jsm:

I would not EVER accept any premium product which fails or breaks down. For this reason I will NOT be purchasing any more MV"s until they sort out their appalling customer service & quality issues. My company would go out of business if I sold a product NOT FIT FOR PURPOSE.

But of course others will still waste their money on a badge which no longer represents quality, but only pose value.
Well I guess I'll just be happy with my poser bike for now. Granted it is the best bike I have ever owned......I haven't had any melting tips on mine so I don't know what to say. I was aware of the issue before I dropped money on the exhaust, knowing that if I had a problem the best solution was to put on the original tips (black of course) and avoid carbon all together. It's a minor aesthetic thing and I would not be happy either, but then again I don't mind the reinforced sub frame bracket. it's still a beautiful bike and the best performing one I have had to date. I like tinkering with my bike and if my tips melt.....so be it....another project for me to do. Not the end of the world. Now if it were something like overt engine failures....overheating....etc etc I would be a lot more pissed.

I think he should take it back as well, but a better fix for the problem would be to put the sock tips on and do them in black.....and you know MV is not going to do that for you. So you can chance more carbon tips or have yourself a better fix.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The new ECU was part of the package and dealer installed. I would think the MV dealer would know how to adjust the fueling but it is never safe to assume I guess. Should be an interesting week..

·
Registered
14,501 Posts
fueling?

I would think the MV dealer would know how to adjust the fueling but it is never safe to assume I guess.
well, the Factory can't figure it out .........
you think a squid dealer can?
:naughty::drummer::wtf:

·
Registered
643 Posts
the tips have the wrong resin and carbon in them. I mess with Carbon Fiber daily at my job, and nothing we use would do that. I can't understand why they would use inferior carbon on something that gets that hot. The carbon we use stands up to jet engine heat for thousands of hours without doing what your exhaust did in 1 hour. Good luck and hopefully you get new revised tips that stand up.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Wow, someone really dropped the ball on the resin mixture there.

And like others have said...never assume your dealer knows what they are doing. Its a sad affair but true. A lot of dealers don't have expertly qualified techs with decades of model specific knowledge. Most are only able to hire folks with limited general knowledge of bikes that can merely muddle through service work.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Mine did the same thing after a couple of track days. The tips looked almost exactly like yours. My Dealer replaced the tips a couple of months ago and it's been fine so far.
It must be one of the earlier systems because they supposedly corrected the problem.
My tips never said Arrow on them.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts