MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To all you arrogant cyclist in the world. (Two wheel no motor)
1. When you ride in groups on a narrow road ride single file.
2. Look when you pull out of your line.
3. Don't ride two or three abreast on a narrow road.
4. Have some common sense.
5. Right away does not get along with physics.
6. Have fun but use your head not your attitude.
7. Stay on the side of the road in blind corners. Riding in the middle of the road will get you or me killed.

If you can not understand why these things are important please jump off a very large bridge. Your arrogant B.S.is going to get someone killed. I don't care if it is you but I will be pissed if it is me or another innocent. I now clearly see why cyclist are so hated. The thing is I have ridden bikes for years. Being on the other side of things makes me want to choke you.

I watched cars zipping into other lanes to avoid cyclist riding two or three deep on narrow roads yesterday. It pissed me off. It was a large group of idiots. A car or bike does not want to be stuck behind these nuts doing 15 miles per hour for miles on end. If they ride single file it is not so bad but when they take up the whole road it sucks. I was passing a group and a few just pulled right out in front of me as I passed them. They did not even look.

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
We get alot of attitude cyclists here. I agree with you . I love cycling and used to do long distance. These attitude idiots arent real cyclists.
They give cycling a bad name with their selfish and ignorant attitude.

First rule of the road...keep left...UK

Joe

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Agreed. I almost hit a pair of cyclists riding two abreast in a very sharp, blind, right-hand hairpin in Japan. Then got to England and almost ran into several cyclists taking up the entire lane on a blind turn. When I screeched to (almost) a hault, they had the nerve to turn around and flip me off.

This is why I now drive a giant truck. Bring it, spandex road warriors. Bring it.

Also, I keep my cycling on the trails.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Too funny, yesterday there was this fool standing on the side of the road waving the middle finger for about 10 minutes, enough time for me to make it halfway up and back down. On the second trip up, I was hoping he would still be there waving (he did not disappoint).

Although I would have liked to clip him with the top of my helmet, I just managed to make sure he knew my intention.:devilsmok It heeled a bit that my tires were quite worn on the sides allowing me to induce a bit of slide.

Next trip by he was minding his own.

It's that yellow bike HZ, it mesmerizes folks. :stickpoke

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
I've had the same thing today when I was at work, it seems to me they think they can do what they like but one pair of fools came unstuck when they tried to undertake me when I was making a left turn.The pair came alongside me at traffic lights and obviously thought that a bus doesn't turn left when indicating a loud blast on the horn and they soon came to a very sharp stop with my passengers giving them the evil eyes. The next part was they jumped onto the pavement and crossed the road and carried on as if I was in the wrong.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I love a bit of cycling but cant wait to get off the road and into the woods and countryside . Road cyclists are like Harley riders, they always look to serious and never smile or nod.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I always try to give them the benefit of the doubt. The rule here is they are basically a car and should be given a full lane. I will do that until they cut on the right at a red or blow through a light/sign. At that point I figure they opted-out of being treated like a car and will get around them as quickly as possible (and will not worry about being respectful and giving them a whole lane).

I got one in trouble when he was hit by a car turning right when he undercut the light. The cop ended up citing the cyclist and created a report with their information so the cyclist could be held liable for the damage to the car.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
We get lots of touring cyclists in the mountains that ride 2 or 3 abreast even though there is minimal shoulder and will not move aside or allow for motorists to pass, so you get kilometers of fine twisties going to waste because of the convoys following them around. They still have a gall to give the finger or yell at you when you finally get the chance to buzz by them.

There needs to be more laws confining them, but it seems to be going the other way. They're making laws here that you have to give 1m to pass a cyclist and if you open the car door and they crash into it, it's your fault. If they're pushing for fault in accidents while operating on the road, they should be paying insurance premiums as well.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
The center of the bicycling universe for Northwest Georgia is about 20 miles up I-75 (exit 296) from my home. Thousands of cyclists come from hundreds of miles to ride here every weekend. The roads are spectacular. Routes of various lengths are carefully marked and easily followed. The traffic is relatively light and enlightened. When the driver of that Suburban comes up upon you or your group, she's not surprised, because she's already seen 35 other bicyclists in the last 10 minutes, just as she has every weekend forever. Additionally, the scenery is glorious.

GENERALLY the cyclists are respectful of the drivers with which they share the road......but not always. I ride several hundred miles per year from this area, and I do occasionally see jerks riding two and three abreast holding up locals that understandably get pissed at them. I always, and I mean ALWAYS remember that I'm an unnecessary guest on "their" home roads, and it's incumbent upon me to show respect in their home.

Also, I weigh a couple hundred pounds against that lady and her Suburban's 5000 pounds. Duuuuh!

Interesting side note: I've literally ridden these roads hundreds of times on my bicycle at 13-18mph. On a couple of occasions I've taken a motorcycle on these same roads. It was a tremendous culture shock. A road that is interesting at 15 mph may or may not be interesting at 55mph. Vertical climbs that present significant challenges under human power but have no interest whatsoever under a 135 hp motorcycle. I actually found the experience surprisingly unpleasant, and on occasion unnerving.

·
Registered
673 Posts
This subject is a sore one for me.
A guy that rides with one of our groups was killed last summer when hit head on by a car. The car was over the double yellow passing a cyclist in a tight corner. The car was giving the bicycle >3 feet as per the new Colorado law, on a tight twisty road. The 40 year old man that no longer walks the earth was a very skilled motorcyclist that was doing everything right and riding his line in a tight corner at appropriate speed.
The bicycle was holding up traffic in spite of the numerous signs posted asking them to "share the road". They seem to take this as they own the road and everyone else should just refrain from inconveniencing their pedaling.
The bicycle lobby group is strong and the laws should take road conditions in to account. If the road is too narrow to give traffic the 3 feet required to safely pass a bicycle as legislated, then the bicycles are not safe on that narrow mountain road and should be prohibited.

I personally don't care any more if an arrogant cyclist gets clipped because he's doing something stupid like riding on a winding mountain room where there isn't enough space for the vehicles the road was designed to serve. I do care when a law abiding, plate wearing, tax paying motorcyclist is hurt or killed by irresponsible laws.

I'd like to see all bicycles with a plate and associated taxes that would fund a bike lane at minimum on the uphill side of our tight mountain roads. I personally have had too many close calls due to oncoming traffic passing bikes. I don't want any of my MV Agusta family to be like Greg, who had one close call too many.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
The car was over the double yellow passing a cyclist in a tight corner.

I'd like to see all bicycles with a plate and associated taxes that would fund a bike lane at minimum on the uphill side of our tight mountain roads.
Juney......three comments......well, maybe four.

First, I'm sincerely sorry you lost your friend due to an accident caused apparently because of an illegal act committed by an automobile driver. Had the driver waited what, 5-7 additional seconds before passing the bicyclist, your friend would be alive today, right?

Second, there is no chance ever that you'll ever see a law requiring license plates on 5 year old little Jenny's Barbie bike. It's never gonna happen.

Third, bicycle lanes never work. Why? Think about it. Bicycle lanes ALWAYS have broken glass, trash, gravel, and unswept dirt in them. Unless you're planning on sweeping the lanes with taxpayer funded maintenance crews, no cyclist will ride in them. We've got a beautiful, brand new, four lane, divided highway complete with bicycle lanes within three miles of my home. (Hint: you'll drive on it in October). We had a couple of light snow storms requiring sanding/graveling over the winter. Guess where all that gravel is now that bicycling season is here. Yep, right slap in the middle of those brand new bike lanes.......and it'll be there for the next six months or so. I don't ride this route on my bicycle because I'm afraid of the aggressive traffic, but if I did, I'd ride on the right edge of the right traffic lane rather than risk the near certainty of a puncture or wash out in the gravel. There may be some municipalities that will spend the money to maintain the viability of bicycle lanes, but I've never seen them in my experience.

Finally, every bicyclist I know.....or at least their parents......are highway using, automobile driving, tax paying citizens. Assholes and idiots ride bicycles, drive automobiles, and ride motorcycles. You can't legislate against stupidity.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
One phrase that my motorcycle instructor taught me when I was learning to take my motorbike test was:
"it's no good to you being in the right when your dead"
Referring to the vulnerability of us against cars and trucks, this should also be applied to cyclists as their even more vulnerable than we are, but then they don't have to take any sort of test or lessons.
In an ideal world, before being allowed on the road you should have to take a cycle, motorcycle, car and HGV test so that you have a full understanding and respect for each other. If car drivers had to go through motorcycle training it would improve driving standards 10 fold?

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Spandex Nazis

I was a bicyclist, way before I was a motorcyclist

I stop for stop signs, signal my turns, lane changes and don't run red lights....I am always speeding :naughty:

I very rarely ride with others.......because I don't trust anybody with my safety

Randy; bike lanes.....2 punctures in my life.... they need to clean your streets

pseudo Peloton Spandex Nazis are ASSHOLES....
3 abreast????? try 8-9 taking the bike lane the #2 lane and 3 in the #1 lane:wtf:

wrong guy to flip off.......
yes, 3,200lb cars can push bicycles around:naughty:

you ride in the shitty part of town people are courteous.....where the Yuppies are, nothing but assholes

:popcorn:

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
Randy; bike lanes.....2 punctures in my life.... they need to clean your streets
Noel, my taxes on the Randarosa wouldn't buy the toilet paper for the mayor's office in your town. I'm happy with the services provided for the taxes paid.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
I agree with Juney on the lobbying, the cycle lobbyists were able to push bike lanes to 2nd priority for SNOW REMOVAL here in Calgary. That means after every snow fall (and there were a lot) they plaiwed highways and bus routes, then bike lanes and trails it repeats after every snow fall. This is for the large number of cyclists that ride in -20℃. There were neighbourhoods where ambulances couldn't reach because they weren't high enough on the list.

Either those cyckistsbknow how to crawl under a desk or the rest of us just don't care enough to oppose it.

·
Registered
17,191 Posts
I agree with Juney on the lobbying, the cycle lobbyists were able to push bike lanes to 2nd priority for SNOW REMOVAL here in Calgary. That means after every snow fall (and there were a lot) they plaiwed highways and bus routes, then bike lanes and trails it repeats after every snow fall. This is for the large number of cyclists that ride in -20℃. There were neighbourhoods where ambulances couldn't reach because they weren't high enough on the list.

Either those cyckistsbknow how to crawl under a desk or the rest of us just don't care enough to oppose it.

Even as an avid bicyclist, I'd be pissed at your government officials for doing something as stupid as that.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
If it has 2 wheels and no engine its a toy so get it off the road

·
Registered
2,431 Posts

·
Registered
9,963 Posts
AGREED! :yo:

Wow, why didn't someone think of that before !

A believe that if road users exercise a an increasingly scarcer commodity known as courtesy, then 99 % of all accidents will never occur.

Cyclists keep left and don't slow down the following traffic. Following traffic don't tailgate and drive too close to the cyclist.

Now wtf is complicated about that.?

joe

1 - 20 of 35 Posts