MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was spraying some WD40 in the ignition and then decided to spray the tail section latches. When I open the tail section, a furry, gray 2 inch in diameter blob fell off the other side. I had thought it was a rat but it moved really fast. :ahhh:

Then I take a look at my tool kit and find a whole bunch of rat dropping! Yeach. Fortunately, none of my wires were chewed. There's a white strip with some info on it that was eaten away but other than that no damage. And i just rode the MV on Thursday!

Well, I guess I won't be parking my MV in the back paito anymore. Part of it is unpated and along a brick wall which is a perfect place for small wild life. yeachh. :piss:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
souds like a mice to me... a rat is much bigger than 2 inches; I have a a lot of experience dealing with those lil guys lately... living next to the state forest land we have plenty of those roaming around the area.

too bad you did take the MV with the mice out for a ride... you would have had a nicely roasted mice for snack buy the time you get home!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Call for Ben :jsm: He's the Mouse Terminator!!!!!!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
odonata said:
souds like a mice to me... a rat is much bigger than 2 inches; I have a a lot of experience dealing with those lil guys lately... living next to the state forest land we have plenty of those roaming around the area.

too bad you did take the MV with the mice out for a ride... you would have had a nicely roasted mice for snack buy the time you get home!
Hahaha. At first it was a mice....but this thing was 2 inches in diameter -maybe four inches in lenght. Honestly, when it first ran out, my first thought was -A RAT!!! Then I thought maybe it was a rag, plastic bag, or a gray leave that had got caught there. Then I saw the.....the droppings!!!!

My guess is that it found my warm MV on Thursday night when I got home. I didn't ride it on Friday so he probably thought he found a nice place to live. :stopp:

I am just so glad he didn't chew up the wiring. :shitfan:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I had a similar problem with a car a few years back, I came to start it one morning and when it wouldn't start I discovered a load of chewed wires under in the engine bay. That fu**ker cost me about £250 to repair! :jsm: :jsm: :jsm:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Dude - you're lucky. If that was an NYC rat, he would have kicked your ass for waking him up! I'm sure he would have enjoyed the nice Alcantara blanket!!:bandit:
Allan Gibbs said:
Hahaha. At first it was a mice....but this thing was 2 inches in diameter -maybe four inches in lenght. Honestly, when it first ran out, my first thought was -A RAT!!! Then I thought maybe it was a rag, plastic bag, or a gray leave that had got caught there. Then I saw the.....the droppings!!!!

My guess is that it found my warm MV on Thursday night when I got home. I didn't ride it on Friday so he probably thought he found a nice place to live. :stopp:

I am just so glad he didn't chew up the wiring. :shitfan:

·
Registered
257 Posts
That sucks...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Peet,
It appears I have missrepresented myself gravely, I thought this might happen....I am trying to learn how to write because I just learned that I enjoy it so much......But I cant convey tone.....I think it is clear my intensions were not In sync with my words.....Perhaps I have offended more people?- I am so sorry if I have...I dont think my sacastic humor is coming through..........JESUS man! I feel terrible.{thats not sarcsasm} I am glad you called me out...You must know that I lurked as a guest everyday since its inception and I feel like I know everyone....I keep forgetting that nobody knows me...

The last thing I want to do is alienate myself from anyone on this board.....I will cool it until I get more profieciant.....

Thank you very much for this.....Not only do I learn about my bike on this site but also myself..I am blessed.

I should have said "that rat has good taste, like us!" as that is how I meant it,

FBD

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
I have a lexus/ soarer and one night getting home late I left a packet of Tim Tams (famous Australian choc coated biscuits) on the passengers seat, I had only eaten two or three, the next morning there were little teeth marks on the soft centre section of the biscuit and I thought damn!!! theres a bloody mouse living in my car. Left the doors open so it could escape one day and then left more biscuits to test if it was still there but never got a bite.

I thought it was going to die in some hidden part of the cars interior and I would have to strip the car to find it ... luckily it never happened. I've never been able to work out how it got into the car would be a big jump for a little mouse!!!

·
Registered
257 Posts
@Firebreathingdog: Dude, you didn't offend me. Did I mis something?

firebreathingdog said:
Peet,
It appears I have missrepresented myself gravely, I thought this might happen....I am trying to learn how to write because I just learned that I enjoy it so much......But I cant convey tone.....I think it is clear my intensions were not In sync with my words.....Perhaps I have offended more people?- I am so sorry if I have...I dont think my sacastic humor is coming through..........JESUS man! I feel terrible.{thats not sarcsasm} I am glad you called me out...You must know that I lurked as a guest everyday since its inception and I feel like I know everyone....I keep forgetting that nobody knows me...

The last thing I want to do is alienate myself from anyone on this board.....I will cool it until I get more profieciant.....

Thank you very much for this.....Not only do I learn about my bike on this site but also myself..I am blessed.

I should have said "that rat has good taste, like us!" as that is how I meant it,

FBD

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
I had a similar situation. I once found mouse droppings and the starting of a nest under the tail of my CBR400RR. And again, that was only a few days after I'd used it. Just be thankful he chose the tail section and not the airbox to sleep in!

Si

1 - 14 of 14 Posts