MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Brut has been parked up for 2 weeks while I took a drive to Cape Town and back -
Took a bike to Cape Town for a mate (VFR400) and brought back a mint 1981 Honda CB900F with a genuine 15000km on the clock.

Chucked a leg over the Brut this morning for the morning commute to the office and , , , , "click, click, click" wouldnt start, I'm hoping its just a drained battery, so I've put the C_TEK on, but its never done this before and in the past I've even left it uncharged for up to 4 weeks and it always started 1st time :ahhh: :cry: :cussing:

·
Administrator
20,419 Posts
Quite probably your battery. The modern electronics do drain the battery and the battery in the MV is as small as can be used to save weight and space.
Me thinks it is not bad, just discharged.....keep it on your tender if parked more than a few days.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
week n half to 2 weeks max if not used just get a battery conditioner and leave it plugged in

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
OK - it was just a dead battery, 24hr on the C-Tek sorted it
However - in the past, 4 weeks have passed between the time I last used it and it always started, so Ive now put the C-Tek on recondition, maybe the battery had sulphated.

·
Registered
17,189 Posts

·
Administrator
20,419 Posts
Chris, where do you buy them in Metro ATL?
We can discuss this......several places carry them and one of our sponsors currently has a great deal on the battery and specific charger ( highly recommended to have).

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
The Brut has been parked up for 2 weeks while I took a drive to Cape Town and back -
Took a bike to Cape Town for a mate (VFR400) and brought back a mint 1981 Honda CB900F with a genuine 15000km on the clock.

Chucked a leg over the Brut this morning for the morning commute to the office and , , , , "click, click, click" wouldnt start, I'm hoping its just a drained battery, so I've put the C_TEK on, but its never done this before and in the past I've even left it uncharged for up to 4 weeks and it always started 1st time :ahhh: :cry: :cussing:
At least it didn't get you to work and then fail to start there. It happened to me. That was with the new Yuasa after sitting about 2 weeks without the tender.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looking at finding a Shorai here

How did you like the VFR400?
I trailered it to Cape Town - I wouldn't consider riding a VFR400 from Joburg to Cape Town - 1600km

1 - 10 of 10 Posts