·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
+1 although the Brutale is better in the wet than a lot of others I've ridden.

Cheers

Deano
have agree but im surprised didn't think most MV's saw rain lol
bit of a shit about the cowboys

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
It a compilation of mainly Irish road racing (just a few segments from the Casteltown circut in the IOM).
In the main it's from the Ulster grand prix with one or two bits from the NW 200 and Tandragee 100 a few years ago as Richard Britton and Martin Finnegan are racing and now are sadly both no longer with us...also Adrian Archibald and Ryan Farquhar are both retired...as is now just this year Ian Lougher.
The last on board section is looking at Ryan Farquhar doing a lap of the Tandragee 100.

I'm privileged to attend these rages almost every week. Real racing it sure is.
Brian.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
That kind of riding in the rain is surely a different level of dedication and commitment, especially on closed road courses where drainage isn't perfect. Hell, that racing on it's own takes a special person :yo: Would be nice to have the option to watch these races in person. Maybe one of these days I'll convince the wife to let me set up the family vacation :thewife:

·
Registered
570 Posts
I personally love racing in the rain. Evens the field out a little. Rain race tires are great as long as the track stays wet. They grip like its dry. The teammates,friends,family and fans love seeing a big high speed standup wheelie to take the checkered flag in the middle of a down pour. My old teammate actually ran the same lap times in the rain as he did in the dry. A lil on the slow side in the dry but on rails in the wet. He would always do a crazy rain dance when we got to the track on friday nights. Lol

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I have no experience of racing in the rain.
But I do enjoy riding in the rain, in an almost perverse kind of way. There is a sense of adventure finding yourself on quasi deserted country roads, in the pouring rain, gunning it with 100% focus on the riding. Specially on long trips when you know you're hours from your destination and there will be no respite until you get there. Kinda like blue water sailing in a storm.

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
I have no experience of racing in the rain.
But I do enjoy riding in the rain, in an almost perverse kind of way. There is a sense of adventure finding yourself on quasi deserted country roads, in the pouring rain, gunning it with 100% focus on the riding. Specially on long trips when you know you're hours from your destination and there will be no respite until you get there. Kinda like blue water sailing in a storm.
I totally get this...Good tyres..decent wet weather gear...man V nature..:f4:

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
back in the day under the race leathers we wore plastic bags and Vaseline

·
Registered
967 Posts
I enjoy riding in the rain for all the reasons Mick said, I`ve raced in the rain a few times and probably enjoy it more after the fact (If I didn`t have to pay for the bike ,that would be different). Years ago on a long road ride I got so soaked and cold that rather than stop for a leak I just pissed in my leathers ,what the hell they couldn`t get any wetter and it was nice and warm for a little while. Great clip Col, that takes it to an out of this world level, we need to get those guys out to Bathurst.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
bloody hell you lot are starting to sound like Barry Manilow wish I could remember the name of the song
I love pinacolardas , I love walks in the rain ,walks on the beach , etc

1 - 20 of 27 Posts