• I'll stick with my present bike thanks

Votes: 96 70.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are you looking at trading up to the 1078 when it arrives in at the dealers or will you wait until next year for a possible new design F4 or are you happy to stick with what you have got?

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
No thanks. I'm VERY happy with my 312R :f4:
Hell, if for some reason i had to buy another one :stickpoke , i would pick up another 312R over the 1078.
The cc increase says nothing to me and i prefer the "old" colors to the new ones :smoking:

·
Registered
361 Posts
MV-999R said:
No thanks. I'm VERY happy with my 312R :f4:
Hell, if for some reason i had to buy another one :stickpoke , i would pick up another 312R over the 1078.
The cc increase says nothing to me and i prefer the "old" colors to the new ones :smoking:
+1

·
Registered
276 Posts
I´m afraid that MV is suffering an "Hayabusa" illness. This sickness means an unavoidable increase in your engine cc with no limits. If nobody gets a solution, in a few years the F4 will have 1400 cc. My god.....

By the way, I prefer to keep the superbike range, 1000 cc, the perfect figure for an engine.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Broms said:
Happy with the bike I have.

But I would consider selling my dear old Buell for a big donk Brutale !!
Funny you mention that.

Now that the 1125 is sort of "out", I'm looking at the 1200 Firebolt as a fun around town/mountain/occasional trackday bike.

As for the 1078, I'm probably not MV's ideal customer for that bike :)

·
Registered
756 Posts
I'm happy with the bike I have but still might get the new 1078 Brutale. More torque...presumably better fueling/smoother than my 910R without a power commander. Not quite comparable, but maybe analogous to going from an F4S to the R? - make a great bike even better.

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
NO THANKS.....
as a matter of fact, the 1078 has stolen some of my pride of ownership.
Why cant they just make improvements without all the hoopla.....I know it all boils down to sales. Like others have stated, it almost seems like a japanese marketing scheme.

Besides, dont they now have names backwards......someone clue me in on this, but.....
shouldnt the "RR" version be for race,
and the
"R" version become the "Street" version.....

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'm quite happy with the 910 and have no intention of replacing it any time sooon. But, if it were stolen and I was looking for a replacement, a 1078 would be fine.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Yeah the 1078 is not working for me. I'm happy that they got the monoblock debacle sorted out, but it looks like they created four more issues in the process. I don't like the un-needed / unwanted increase in cc's- although this was most likely done in an effort to correct another one of the 312R shortfalls, being that it was never really able to back up their top speed claim.
But I have to say that the worst for me is the child like graphics. It's really the child like graphics and the kiddy paint scheme that are the deal breakers for me personally.

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'll stick with my Ago and 910R. :f4: As Reo stated in another thread, they still stir my soul when I look at them. The new ones are just not different enough to make a change.

I saw the new bikes in Milan and they are all beautiful in person. I overheard a Ducati rep while looking at them say to his friend, we need to learn how to paint our bikes like that. He meant the quality of finish.

I know lots of people are frustrated that MV have not come out with a new bike. For a small company like MV it is very expensive to do and to make a mistake could be fatal. I don't think MV could take a 999 debacle and survive. Maybe they are still trying to figure all of that out. :popcorn:

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Sorry I can't vote here, neither of the Questions apply to me. But hey, I saw the Bikes now at EICMA and I must say You misjudge the look. They are beautiful, my favourite was the Blue F4, this Color looks really good. Believe it or not even all the other Paint Schemes are looking dazzling in Nature. Further why should someone, who has just bought a Bike what he really loves, consider to buy a new one. Since which Day is more displacement bad ? More displacement more torque. On the other hand, if someone needs a new track F4 they can still buy a new 1000. I can understand that some peoples believe that 190Hp are to much for the Street. But most Peoples use only 40% of the available Power anyway. If You have to much money which burns holes in Your Pockets, than spend for something else. Leaves me to the Question: Are You all insane ?

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
It's funny because I asked myself this question when the F4-R first came out. I am an S model owner and yes there have been various improvements.

It really comes down to pride of ownership and if one needs to have the next 5-7hp that comes out every 2 years then more power to them. My S makes 152rwhp and after the full system goes on soon with the custom map, probably mid 160s. I guess I'm happy with that especially for a bike that I may never thrash to it's full potential -- Even if I use it for track days.

The MV S model still gets the job done for me. 1 - I never get left behind. 2 - It still draws a crowd. 3 - I still gets the ladies :D 4 - It runs well and never leaves me stranded. 4 - It's got the STAR wheels!!!!! lol

Yes, the R has titanium valves, different porting, larger exhaust valves, yes the 312 has a higher rev limit, better ecu programming and the other R advantages, yes this 1078 will make more hp due to the higher displacement. But the bottom line is that all this textbook glory only equates to 2-3 bikes lengths in the quarter mile and maybe perhaps a half second per lap on the track assuming the bikes are kept stock.

In a nutshell:

Street Rider - It really doesn't friggin matter.

Track Day Rider - Skill is the limit. It wouldn't matter if we were on Bayliss' bike. If I can only run a 1:03 at BeaveRun, it wouldn't matter if I had 100 more horsepower. I'm gonna be stuck on that 1:03 until my 'BRAIN' figures out how to get around the track faster while my friends run 1:01s on bone stock R6s.

Luca Scassa - Every millisecond counts. 1078 is as good as bought!

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Turbo329 said:
It's funny because I asked myself this question when the F4-R first came out. I am an S model owner and yes there have been various improvements.

It really comes down to pride of ownership and if one needs to have the next 5-7hp that comes out every 2 years then more power to them. My S makes 152rwhp and after the full system goes on soon with the custom map, probably mid 160s. I guess I'm happy with that especially for a bike that I may never thrash to it's full potential -- Even if I use it for track days.

The MV S model still gets the job done for me. 1 - I never get left behind. 2 - It still draws a crowd. 3 - I still gets the ladies :D 4 - It runs well and never leaves me stranded. 4 - It's got the STAR wheels!!!!! lol

Yes, the R has titanium valves, different porting, larger exhaust valves, yes the 312 has a higher rev limit, better ecu programming and the other R advantages, yes this 1078 will make more hp due to the higher displacement. But the bottom line is that all this textbook glory only equates to 2-3 bikes lengths in the quarter mile and maybe perhaps a half second per lap on the track assuming the bikes are kept stock.

In a nutshell:

Street Rider - It really doesn't friggin matter.

Track Day Rider - Skill is the limit. It wouldn't matter if we were on Bayliss' bike. If I can only run a 1:03 at BeaveRun, it wouldn't matter if I had 100 more horsepower. I'm gonna be stuck on that 1:03 until my 'BRAIN' figures out how to get around the track faster while my friends run 1:01s on bone stock R6s.

Luca Scassa - Ever millisecond counts. 1078 is as good as bought!

Good point!

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
I'm still undecided -kind of. The two things I like about the 1078 is that I'm assuming it would give me the low end torque of the 1098 but with an unGodly top end :mouthwate . Second, while I like my star wheels, the lighter Brembo make switching between 1098 and F4S a night and day difference.

And while I need a 190hp like I need a 150hp, $20K F4S, I'd still like it. But on the other hand, I'd like a brand new design ever more - which I'm convince is no more that 2 years away and will probably have the same 1078 engine and will probably weigh less.

So, I guess I would get a 1078 if there was no price increase, I could get one at a good discounted price, and get a good price for my F4S - and assuming this happens before the next generation is release. If not, I'm happy with my current F4S.

I guess the point is, unless MV and the dealer make it worth it, a bigger engine isn't really enough to make me passionate about a bike I've seen almost every day for the past 6 years.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Were here voting on if we will or might buy this thing right? but do we really know what the actual price of it is going to be yet?
I'll tell you right now if it's over $30,000.00 (which was what the last estimated projection put it at) then they (MV) will have a better chance of see Jesus then seeing me in a show room buying one of these things- I don't care how many cc's / stickers they put on it. Lol...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Instead of investing their limited funds in these so-called makeovers, they should develop 'race kits' for previous MV owners.

That's what Goggi said he would do anyway back when the S was first released. Something about a race kit was mentioned for the S model that we never ever saw.

·
Registered
2,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just don't see the point in buying this bike when its going to be superseded next year. All for what, colour scheme, extra few BHP and slashed pipes and upgraded brakes. I spoke to the importer today, the 312 prices are already going down!

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
I might depending on the price!

its between that and the 312R that i was going for before Milan show,

I wont wait until the 2009 new design simply because I love the bike AS IT IS!

I like my EV03 and also the 312, actually I would prefer the 312 with the silver star wheels, anyway as I say if the price is right I will buy the 1078, if not it will be the 312,

I may be going against the odds on here, but as i say I was ready to buy a 312 in October, cash in hand, so I dont see a problem buying an updated model, I aint going to be racing it on track so makes no odds if 1000 or 1078, just waiting to check the price

as for weight of bike, lol perhaps some should be cutting back on the grub

Guess it comes down to what is right for me and what i want, not what every one else here considers is right for me!
I wont be losing out because I will not be selling on the bike I buy, It will be with me "long time"

Warren, tell me more on what youve heard on the pricing front, send me a PM, you know my situation and again I like the way the bike is styled and set up, im ready to spend £££££££££££££££££££££.

1 - 20 of 159 Posts