MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,636 Posts
I think I am not very antisocial, but not much changed for me during Covid. Mostly I don't HAVE to do things that others need to do. And what I need to do, I do anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,183 Posts
😂🤣😂🥲😂

·
Registered
885 Posts
One of my all-time favorite songs

I used to haul refrigerated meat and I'll always remember pulling into this meat packing plant...I'm looking for my loaded trailer after I droped my empty one and I pull around the corner and I see a giant pile of dead pigs... it had to be over 8 foot tall and 10 foot wide of pigs stacked on top of pigs. I'll never be able to get that image out of my head. It's a toss-up on what smells worse a pig farm or a chicken farm.

Bacon anyone?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
164 Posts
One of my all-time favorite songs

I used to haul refrigerated meat and I'll always remember pulling into this meat packing plant...I'm looking for my loaded trailer after I droped my empty one and I pull around the corner and I see a giant pile of dead pigs... it had to be over 8 foot tall and 10 foot wide of pigs stacked on top of pigs. I'll never be able to get that image out of my head. It's a toss-up on what smells worse a pig farm or a chicken farm.

Bacon anyone?

I worked at a meat works during my sparky apprenticeship through 16 to 20 yrs old and the smell took forever to get used to, back then I never considered as much, but the look in the animals eyes to when they new their time was up was heart breaking, I'd be a vegitarian if I didn't like a good lamb chop to this day, [ i still get the guilts] I still could/can not step on an ant accidentally without guilt, I'm also dodging green and local rocket frogs and roos everyday on the way to work, pretty sure as I was trying to avoid a big greenie frog today that I splattered and all I could think of was far'k me,
Is this normal , I mean I can squat a mozzie with no hesitation, them suckers should be erazed for ever, same with sand flies, 🐷 🤭

·
Registered
1,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
'Thou shall not kill'..............I do my best these days to try not kill anything........not easy when riding a motorcycle or driving a car (flies and bugs etc)

·
Registered
885 Posts
I say it sort of jokingly that is one of my favorite songs but it is a song makes a lot of correlations to events that have happened in my life and I suppose that's what any sort of music does is touches on events or stories in your life that have had significant or somewhat significant meaning and plays it out in a way that is more picturesque and meaningful than you might be able to describe it yourself.

I'm nowhere near and advocate for vegetarianism. But I'm not going to tell anybody that they can't do it or that it's not right for them. I think if that's what you find is most important to you and you want to do it fantastic. Factory farming is sort of a cruel way to go about creating food for the masses but I don't believe animals have the same rights as humans. Animals have souls in that they are alive... but are not intrinsically valuable like humans. We are beautifully and wonderfully made in the image of God.

ANYWAY...back to being on topic of being antisocial? Haha I think we sort of all are antisocial who congregate on forums and Talk Amongst each other.

Reactions: XPARAUK and Teeps

·
Registered
164 Posts
" Quote"
I don't believe animals have the same rights as humans. Animals have souls in that they are alive... but are not intrinsically valuable like humans. We are beautifully and wonderfully made in the image of God.

I beg to differ, they have every right more so than us pack of evil pricks as some can be, we all have been brain washed from birth,
I look to the evolution of mankind how they dealt with the land and have lived in unison with the environment and animals compared to the crap in the last 200 years or so that we have brought into this world we live in, hunting whales for some kind of scientific studies that are uncalled for, I was brought up catholic, check out the abuse they have inflicted upon the kids over the years, barstards,
if your happy in your own beliefs go for it, just try and see the bigger picture on how we should all be at one, no one should be living on the streets and suffering, talk about turning a blind eye,

·
Super Moderator
23,748 Posts
Gentlemen, this thread is getting to be too close to a GPR thread.

Let's get away from religion and back to being anti-social, please.

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
Most meat eaters could not tolerate what happens at abattoirs. Out of sight out of mind.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Gentlemen, this thread is getting to be too close to a GPR thread.

Let's get away from religion and back to being anti-social, please.
I wasn't sure there was a difference so replied in the only manner that I thought suited both for the reasons as asked in the first place by the op, as in all forums, some tick off the mods and some get swept under the carpet, your choice if you don't want to hear/read all angles, just stating my view from my side as should be allowed, as for bringing it back to being anti-social what's the diff,

·
Premium Member
5,636 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,748 Posts
I wasn't sure there was a difference so replied in the only manner that I thought suited both for the reasons as asked in the first place by the op, as in all forums, some tick off the mods and some get swept under the carpet, your choice if you don't want to hear/read all angles, just stating my view from my side as should be allowed, as for bringing it back to being anti-social what's the diff,
The difference is context. The OP posted a tongue-in-cheek comedic meme about how life hasn't changed much for some in the pandemic...

Then the thread got carried into animal cruelty and religion.

IF you can't see the difference, then I can't help; I can moderate the thread though back to the comedic non-religious intent.

We banned GPR discussions as non-productive, or non-contributory to this particular forum. If you want that sort of discourse, there are many other forums where you can post...

Reactions: esq'z me
21 - 36 of 36 Posts