MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,971 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Actually the second forks will run ya about 13-14k new. There are many different models in the FGR series which can run anywhere from about 4k to around 8k for the style you pictured. FGR700, 800, 900, 000, 100, 200, and 300 is the latest model. They are all really similar with just minor tweaks here and there each year (mostly cosmetic design changes) so Ohlins can say they produced the newer/better model that any racer that wishes to have a chance at winning the big race(s) must upgrade to. Its how they keep the $ rolling in. No doubt about it though......they are the best forks money can buy at this time.

Oh, and pretty sure they will slide up into the Agusta triple. Just might need some specific axle spacers made to fit the wheel. But yes, they are fairly expensive.

In that pic looks like there are tooling marks on the frame plates. Have any idea if those might be machines aluminum billet pieces, or maybe the person have a machinist shave off some metal from the cost pieces? Who's bike is this anyway?

·
Super Moderator
7,374 Posts
The OEM MV Agusta forks are 58 mm at both the upper & lower triple clamp.
The Ohlins FGR range are all 52 mm at the top and 58 mm at the bottom triple clamp.

It's the top triple clamp that is the issue. MV Agusta did make a limited amount of 52 mm upper triples. I recall that (R1)Andrew had one for sale a while back and may still have it.
As for the machined frame plate on that Brutie, I think I recall that Motocorse did a frame plate like that. I may be wrong about that but it seems to ring a bell.

FGR 700s were released for sale in 2007. FGR 800 were the 2008 model year and so on it goes through the numbers listed by varium above.

There is plenty of info about the conversion of an F4 in these two threads:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26701&highlight=Jumping

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30711

·
Registered
819 Posts
The OEM MV Agusta forks are 58 mm at both the upper & lower triple clamp.
The Ohlins FGR range are all 52 mm at the top and 58 mm at the bottom triple clamp.

It's the top triple clamp that is the issue. MV Agusta did make a limited amount of 52 mm upper triples. I recall that (R1)Andrew had one for sale a while back and may still have it.
As for the machined frame plate on that Brutie, I think I recall that Motocorse did a frame plate like that. I may be wrong about that but it seems to ring a bell.

FGR 700s were released for sale in 2007. FGR 800 were the 2008 model year and so on it goes through the numbers listed by varium above.

There is plenty of info about the conversion of an F4 in these two threads:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=26701&highlight=Jumping

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30711

Ah, thanks for the info.

Better go double check/measure the agusta forks. For some reason i thought they were interchangeable. Meaning same upper and lower bridge diameters as each other.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dave,as the top is 58mm and the fork 52mm why can i not get a spacer made up professional for it,rather than putting a new top clamp on . ? . There must be another way to keep costs down and achieve the same result using existing setup.

cheers eddy

·
Registered
3,494 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
or maybe putting on some fgrt203 ohlins on the front,I will have to get some details and measurements on the current setup and do some homework.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Dave,as the top is 58mm and the fork 52mm why can i not get a spacer made up professional for it,rather than putting a new top clamp on . ? . There must be another way to keep costs down and achieve the same result using existing setup.

cheers eddy

Nothing wrong with getting that done. Gilles uses collars/spacers for their adjustable triple assemblies, so i think you'll be ok with using them too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts