MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Have to agree, looks like RG3 tips on stock mufflers, w/decat pipe.
You can do this yourself for less.

Ed :)
Don't confuse "slash cut" tips with RG3's Ed. Original RG3's where not slash cut.

·
Registered
571 Posts
The "slash cut tips" fit ONLY on RG3 cans. So, abviously they are RG3s from an 1078RR model, and the cat is removed by cutting out and welding new piece of pipe.

I replaced my original RG3 tips with the slash cut ones. Not an easy job to remove the old ones without surface scratches. The sound is different, deeper, more polite, the shrilled is gone. Any way I like the look.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
The "slash cut tips" fit ONLY on RG3 cans. So, abviously they are RG3s from an 1078RR model, and the cat is removed by cutting out and welding new piece of pipe.

I replaced my original RG3 tips with the slash cut ones. Not an easy job to remove the old ones without surface scratches. The sound is different, deeper, more polite, the shrilled is gone. Any way I like the look.
Wrong, you can buy slash cut tips and install them on any MV silencer. And if you looked at the add, those pipes came form a 2005 bike, no 1078's back then. Do not mistake the Eu3 emission stamp for RG3 stamp, I might be wrong, but I don't think the 1078 came out with RG3's. Here's a pic of the real RG3's next to a OEM set.

Attachments

·
Registered
571 Posts
I am not "the expert". I just bought from Moyovation USA the "MV Agusta RG3 Slash Cut Exhaust Tips For F4 Series (RG3F41000T)". First I tried to fit them on the original exhaust, and when I found out that they do not fit, I fitted them on the standard RG3. The RG3 slash cut tips they don't have the RG3 mark printed on them, which is printed on the standard ones.

There is only one 1078RR in Greece, and she has the same tips. I will ask the owner if he can measure the diameter of the inner tubes to find out if the are the same.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Wrong, you can buy slash cut tips and install them on any MV silencer. And if you looked at the add, those pipes came form a 2005 bike, no 1078's back then. Do not mistake the Eu3 emission stamp for RG3 stamp, I might be wrong, but I don't think the 1078 came out with RG3's. Here's a pic of the real RG3's next to a OEM set.
It did not come out with RG3, but there were slash cut RG3 available as I have those on mine.

Attachments

·
Registered
619 Posts
I installed the Arrow slash cuts from Motorvation.
They required minor baffle mods to fit, easy to do, they are NOT RG3s.
I also highly modified my muffler baffles, I am happy with the sound.
Yes I know true RG3s have a larger inside diameter.

Ed :0

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
It did not come out with RG3, but there were slash cut RG3 available as I have those on mine.
Hey Erik, thanks for that man. Can you take a picture of those pipes from behind when you have a moment please?

·
Registered
5,577 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Hey Erik, thanks for that man. Can you take a picture of those pipes from behind when you have a moment please?
Like this :D

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
No, from behind, we need a clear picture of the baffle holes please. :)You sold you original pipe didn't you ?
Of course I understood and will post later. Just made a pic, but have to download it and resize ;)

I still have two original exhaust; a 2006 and a 2009.... The first is for sale and the other not.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The seller said they do not have an RG3 stamp. I think they are standard pipes with the slash cut tips. I can buy a new decat midpipe and slash cut tips from Motovation for about the same price; guess I will go that route or wait for a used midpipe and get new tips for my existing pipes.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts