MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1411397740.454264.jpg ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1411397751.843252.jpg
They have bronze tips, larger than stock holes, but no "RG3" markings.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I think I got my answer. An employee at Arrow said that they are likely an older set of RG3's, and will not have any special markings on them.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,170 Posts
the E3 marking means Euro3 compliant for emissions. Not likely RG3s....

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
Looks like RG3's to me! later models did not have the RG3 markings on them if I remember correctly. I'll upload some pics again, shortly.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Does indeed look like RG3. From what I understood there is a batch of 400 pieces of the older RG3 with the e number. Quite popular in Germany as you are in trouble without the e number over there. The later slash cut versions always have an e number.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I concur. Thanks for the photos for comparison!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Does indeed look like RG3. From what I understood there is a batch of 400 pieces of the older RG3 with the e number. Quite popular in Germany as you are in trouble without the e number over there. The later slash cut versions always have an e number.
Mine are slash cut and they have the E number as well. I know there was some talk of people selling the ones with the modified baffles as RG3s but mine dont appear to be modified in any way, just bigger:

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
Wtf?

gee thanks for all the BULLSHIT PICTURES they don't mean SHIT......

except Slobo's picture of the part number 90376 e3....... that is the STOCK Euro3 pipe just like on my '05 1000S

on those pipes the inner 2 core IDs are 18.06mm

the outer 2 core IDs are 23.32mm

my right pipe is stamped "90376 e3"......don't know where the left one is

My RG3s.....square ends

the inner pipe is stamped "Arrow RG3"

the outer "MV Agusta"

the ID of the inner cores is 28.26mm

the ID of the outer cores id 30.58mm

measure your stupid pictures :naughty::naughty:

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts

except Slobo's picture of the part number 90376 e3....... that is the STOCK Euro3 pipe just like on my '05 1000S

My RG3s.....square ends

the outer "MV Agusta"

You're full of shit man, can't you see the difference in between the two pipes :stickpoke

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts

My RG3s.....square ends

the outer "MV Agusta"

For once I agree with Dons ;) :D

What a nonsense... There are batches of RG3 with the e number and all slash cut versions have it. And you don't have to measure, you see the difference right away. Plus: if you have the titanium version the inner core is even bigger than the standard RG3. Did not know that myself, but just bought another F4 1078 which has the ti version and just found out. And BTW: they also have the e number :stickpoke

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
gee, such animosity......

all I did was ACTUALLY measure the core IDs and post the numbers so anyone can just measure the IDs and know what they are looking at

I'm sorry

pound sand

photo wankers

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts

all I did was ACTUALLY measure the core IDs and post the numbers so anyone can just measure the IDs and know what they are looking at

I'm sorry

pound sand

photo wankers
Says the bloke who still can't post a picture :jerkoff:

·
Super Moderator
24,103 Posts

I'm sorry

pound sand

photo wankers
You going all soft and lovey on us Noel?:loser::naughty::smoking::popcorn:

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
really?

Says the bloke who still can't post a picture :jerkoff:
a picture of what genius????? the reading on my caliper?????????

:stickpoke:stickpoke:jerkoff::jerkoff:

I typed the answer.....good enough???

I won't post a picture with the retarded system that V-bulshit uses.......sorry

I post pictures on sites that require 2 clicks, 1 to copy image, 1 to post

I know film cameras and lenses and how to use them

just my Leicas alone are worth way more than a CC

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
a picture of what genius????? the reading on my caliper?????????

:stickpoke:stickpoke:jerkoff::jerkoff:

I typed the answer.....good enough???

I won't post a picture with the retarded system that V-bulshit uses.......sorry

I post pictures on sites that require 2 clicks, 1 to copy image, 1 to post

I know film cameras and lenses and how to use them

just my Leicas alone are worth way more than a CC
Whatever - :stickpoke - :jerkoff:

·
Premium Member
5,643 Posts
Please tell me more about your diameter :D

·
Registered
14,741 Posts
?

so Erik;

what are the IDs of the larger Ti RG3s?????

please just the dimension in mm, so as not to confuse too many people

and Erik "e" numbers have no relevance for me.....

we have no exhaust Nazis

:stickpoke:stickpoke

:naughty:

:drummer:

Reactions: TakisM

·
Registered
139 Posts
Visual difference between base and RG3?

I did try searching first, but I didn't find anything. I'm also on an airplane in the economy cabin being repeatedly sleep-elbowed by the gentleman next to me, so my reading focus isn't up to par at the moment...

Question: What are the visual differences between the base and RG3 exhausts? I bought my F4S from a high volume reseller, so I unfortunately don't have any history. The bike obviously has a decat link pipe, but I'm fairly certain it has the base street silencers. Do the base silencers still have the Arrow logo engraving, and do the RG3s still have the engraving about meeting DOT noise emissions? She sounds properly spine tinglingly angry when spun up, but has a pretty mild tone to the loping idle.

·
Super Moderator
22,073 Posts
I did try searching first, but I didn't find anything. I'm also on an airplane in the economy cabin being repeatedly sleep-elbowed by the gentleman next to me, so my reading focus isn't up to par at the moment...

Question: What are the visual differences between the base and RG3 exhausts? Depending on model, the colour is often a darker almost black colour. Look in the Gallery towards the 750's, some of them came out standard with RG3's

I bought my F4S from a high volume reseller, so I unfortunately don't have any history. The bike obviously has a decat link pipe, but I'm fairly certain it has the base street silencers.

Do the base silencers still have the Arrow logo engraving, Yesand do the RG3s still have the engraving about meeting DOT noise emissions? She sounds properly spine tinglingly angry when spun up, but has a pretty mild tone to the loping idle.
Have a look in the Performance or Customizing sections for more options. The easiest to see is the hole size of the pipes.

Attachments

·
Registered
139 Posts
My end caps definitely look close in color to the RG3s in that picture. I'll have to take a closer look when I get home tomorrow.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts