MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Real quick are RG3's worth the money when compared to an exhaust mod. I was just wondering if i should spend the money get the RG3's or just gut my stock exhaust.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hey guys,

Real quick are RG3's worth the money when compared to an exhaust mod. I was just wondering if i should spend the money get the RG3's or just gut my stock exhaust.
the answer to "is it worth it?" would be "it depends"

a gutted stock exhaust will be louder for sure, but it might not really make much or any additional power. You might even lose power. RG3s have a nice sound and slightly bigger pipes on two of the runners. The way I look at it is that a gutted stock can isn't worth much on the used market. If you find some used RG3s and want to sell your bike later, you can put it back to stock and resell for a minimal loss.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
I would by Twin Thunders over RG3"s any day. I've had both and prefer the Thunder cans. My answer is NO.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
yes, as performance exhaust as same as stock look, but if you want to go off the chart then get some other look exhaust but lighter

·
Registered
935 Posts
I've hesitated to start a thread like this for fear of the Knurl's tongue lashing..:thewife: I know there is a search function. :loser:
I'm waiting for a part # to be available for the MV performance exhaust and ECU.
Is there another exhaust I should be considering? Performance would be my primary concern.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Is there another exhaust I should be considering? Performance would be my primary concern.
sil moto or FBF, Arrow, motorcorse...etc

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys I just got off the phone with boys at FBF I asked them the same question, there response was "if you have the capability to open the stock exhaust up then you are accomplishing the same thing as the rg3's and that I will need a EPROM chip b/c the bike will run lean. So not sure yet but I might try the mod

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Yes. The most balanced solution.

·
Registered
935 Posts
sil moto or FBF, Arrow, motorcorse...etc
Are you saying that any of these exhausts would out perform the MV race unit?
The dealer steered me towards the MV unit because of the ECU that goes along with it. He also said that Power Commanders weren't the best set up for MV's.

I'm not new to motorcycles or performance mods at all but I am new to MV, any opinions are appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I have no idea what performance exhaust MV sell's for the pre-Y10 F4's, I know the RG3's where considered a performance upgrade, but if someone is half as skilled as me he can remove the tips, gut the system and put it back together for the same results, he can even buy a set of slach-cut tips and stick them on for better look.

RG3's are great if they came on the bike in my opinion, but I won't buy them if looking for performance.

And then there's the MotoCorse Ti pipes, the nicest looking by far, in my books at least, performanse wise, no idea.

The Twin Arrows and Zard systems give the best performance I believe, and the Silmoto's give me a good run for the money although not as good looking as the Bodis, but they are a 1/4 of the price.
I have no idea how good the Bodis is performance wise but I imagine it to be pretty damn good.

On a 750 or 1000S you can send the Chip to Adam to have some improvements written in.

On the later (07+)models the best to get would be a Microtec, but some guys have good success using the race ECU and get it dyno tuned. You can also ask Chuck and join his group to get your ECU re-written.

Just a short summary, hope this helps.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I have no idea what performance exhaust MV sell's for the pre-Y10 F4's, I know the RG3's where considered a performance upgrade, but if someone is half as skilled as me he can remove the tips, gut the system and put it back together for the same results, he can even buy a set of slach-cut tips and stick them on for better look.

RG3's are great if they came on the bike in my opinion, but I won't buy them if looking for performance.

And then there's the MotoCorse Ti pipes, the nicest looking by far, in my books at least, performanse wise, no idea.

The Twin Arrows and Zard systems give the best performance I believe, and the Silmoto's give me a good run for the money although not as good looking as the Bodis, but they are a 1/4 of the price.
I have no idea how good the Bodis is performance wise but I imagine it to be pretty damn good.

On a 750 or 1000S you can send the Chip to Adam to have some improvements written in.

On the later (07+)models the best to get would be a Microtec, but some guys have good success using the race ECU and get it dyno tuned. You can also ask Chuck and join his group to get your ECU re-written.

Just a short summary, hope this helps.
That does help, Thanks!
Also this is a 2013 so MY2010+ (I guess).

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
That does help, Thanks!
Also this is a 2013 so MY2010+ (I guess).
Different again mate. Only the heavy RG4's for your bike and the Bodis, not sure if they had they're heat issue's sorted yet. I think Zard makes a pipe for the Y10+ also. Microtec or Race ECU is you options I believe.

·
Registered
935 Posts
Different again mate. Only the heavy RG4's for your bike and the Bodis, not sure if they had they're heat issue's sorted yet. I think Zard makes a pipe for the Y10+ also. Microtec or Race ECU is you options I believe.
Thanks! I appreciate your time and knowledge.
I have been researching on the forum but as you might know there is a LOT of info to sort through.

·
Vendor
5,157 Posts
Donsy,I think I should book my 1078 in for a Dyno run to really see what it pumps out with the Bodis,MWR filter and race ECU.Might just do that soon and take my video camera to record sound and :bandit:

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Some pics of the 2010+ race bikes show them running the twin arrows, they look pretty good on the bike.

And the sound!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts