MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are any F4R and Duc quick change rear sprockets compatible?
Not a big fan of mail order and I have enough local parts stores to just run in and pick one up, just want to make sure it is right.
My old rear sprocket is gone, so I don't have a reference to use(don't ask).

Thanks in advance
Tree

·
Registered
819 Posts
Can you take the one on your bike off and bring it into the shop to match up? If not off the bike surely one can ride by the place of business and see if they have a few duc sprockets to try to match up.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Are any F4R and Duc quick change rear sprockets compatible?
Not a big fan of mail order and I have enough local parts stores to just run in and pick one up, just want to make sure it is right.
My old rear sprocket is gone, so I don't have a reference to use(don't ask).

Thanks in advance
Tree
Tree,
none of 848 and 1098 rear sprocket will fit on MV, I thought of that too when I took my 848 rear sprocket it size little bit different.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Waaaaaaa :'(
I was thinking more 998 era something
I get the feeling the design hasn't changed in 10 yrs
so maybe an older duc?

Tree

·
Registered
819 Posts
For some reason i thought the 848 hub/axle design was the same as the 996/998/748 bikes???

Have you tried cross checking part numbers of various sprocket companies? If not, might want to see if 848 carries the same #'s as the earlier bikes. Might be something already discussed over on the duc forums that would be searchable.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I don't think the newer bikes will match up as the bike was designed 10 years ago :), and the 1000 showed up mid 2000's (when the sprocket changed from the 750 type) , so that's why I thought an mid 2000 Duc, being the only other italian single side, would match sprockets with small Italian company (I just don't see MV requesting a one off sprocket for their bike when there is one readily available).
I can't believe no one has asked this before?!?!

Tree

·
Registered
14,415 Posts
......, so that's why I thought an mid 2000 Duc, being the only other italian single side, would match sprockets with small Italian company (I just don't see MV requesting a one off sprocket for their bike when there is one readily available
I can't believe no one has asked this before?!?!).
Tree
you don't know about "engineers" on their 1st job do you???? LOLOL

they are just like male dogs and fire hydrants.......they just have to leave their mark......

fucking idiots:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
damn, Damn, DAAAMN!!!!
Thanks guys :'(
Guess I'll get in the que for mail call

Stoopid peeing engineers >:<

(Angry) Tree

1 - 11 of 11 Posts