MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 F4 Mono whacked the inside wall of my trailer during a black-ice encounter last week. The plasic tailsection shattered (love them 0 degree temps!), and not the exhaust tips are skewed to the left and somewhat uneven.

The tips themselves don't SEEM to have moved, so my theory is that the two pipe assemblies rotated at the junction . I noticed a little bridge bracket that would not really prevent such a motion. Where are the other mounting points, and is it possible that I just need to "rotate" the two mufflers back to the right and retighten the bracket? Or is this a sure sign my tailsection is tweaked?

Dave

·
Registered
474 Posts
twisted butt

How does the number plate holder look in relation to the centre of the rear wheel? I believe the exhausts just hang off two little lugs on the subframe and then at the joint with the headers.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Must be the stress of the move and a new job, but...

I can't find your response on madness. Which forum is it in?

Dave

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
The exhausts are really only held on by a bolt on either side and the small bracket you mentioned, so I reckon you will be able to 'twist' them to get it all back in shape.

The ridgid parts are all down by the collector

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
http://www.mvagustamadness.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2427

Posted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:08 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes absolutely. Best bet is to take it apart, look at the little exhaust hangers for straightness (well, they are offset), check the boomerang for straightness then re-hang the exhaust from the mid-pipe back.

If you twist the exhaust at the midpipe it skews the tip orientation.

·
Registered
56 Posts
There is the little bracket between the two pipes and also two bolts under the seat that hold them on. Just pop your seat and undo those two bolts as well. They have splines on them if i remember correctly so if they rotated a bit when you whacked them they would stick there. Also the pipes were not exactly straight when i bought mine, you can't tell unless you are concentrating on it but when you do they look a little twisted.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts