MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had a couple of short rides on my 910 and noticed the mirrors get very blurry with higher revs.
I guess the real question is how to dampen the vibrations? As it won’t be great on my hands either.
The stock mirrors aren’t in the best condition anyway, so has anyone got recommendations for getting rid of vibrations and/or bar end mirrors to get?
Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have a 2011 920 brutale Bar end mirrors definetely the way to go, I purchased mine from design-corse sadly no longer trading.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Handlebar vibration has gotten better over the years on my 1078RR, but not without some deliberate tweaking. The main display unit has a lot of gapping and shake to it, so I filled some of the open space with foam to help dampen with HUGE results. Also, the stock mirrors float in the housing, again amplifying the effects of vibration. My answer was a pair of Rizomas that are adjusted at the stem rather than the glass. Same mounting point, but again huge effect. Add some weighted bar ends and you’ll find that things get much better. The last option, and one I never pulled the trigger on, is a steering dampener to help suppress some of the natural shake. Alas, the B4 is amazing (especially in canyons) BECAUSE of the agility of the front end. Dampening that is dampening some of the fun.

Reactions: Stu675

·
Registered
201 Posts
I have a CRG Lanesplitter with no extra bar end weights on my 750. Bit of vibration but it’s clear enough to do the job.

A bar end mirror may take some getting used to if you aren’t accustomed to looking that far down and over, but now I can’t stand anything else. I’ve used a single CRG LS on the left side on 3 bikes and 11 years of riding

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys! Sounds promising. Any pics?
Sounds like I should do it sooner rather than get at all used to looking where the stock mirrors are.
In terms of options, is it just standard 22mm diameter bars that any mirrors would fit? And any tricks to removing the existing bar end weights, or just unscrew?

·
Administrator
20,073 Posts
Here's my 910R mirrors. They work GREAT .... CRG LS and Motovation bar ends.
Fort Mtn Park 10-7 008.jpg

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
Love my CRGs
Should put a set on my BMW R1150GS it's damn mirrors are the same
height as EVERY PICKUP TRUCK AND SUV

·
Registered
361 Posts
Love my CRGs
Should put a set on my BMW R1150GS it's damn mirrors are the same
height as EVERY PICKUP TRUCK AND SUV
That’s my issue with bar ends all together. If you’re a lane splitter, you’re only making things harder on yourself.

Reactions: Stu675

·
Registered
201 Posts
That’s my issue with bar ends all together. If you’re a lane splitter, you’re only making things harder on yourself.
Do you mean bar end weights, or bar end mirrors? In terms of weights/anything making the bars wider, I agree. But in terms of mirrors, the extra width of the bar end mirror is less of an obstacle compared to lane filtering with stock-type mirror.

Los Angeles commuter here -- probably half my time on a motorcycle is lane splitting in heavy traffic. Stock mirrors line up in height with SUV/crossover/truck mirrors, making it worse. I think this is what Noel was getting at. With bar end mirrors, you're typically below. All else fails, you can fold it/them in

It only took one crosstown commute when I got my Monster to decide the stock mirrors were too problematic to lane filter. I ordered a CRG, and until it arrived, I swapped the one from my Brutale back and forth

·
Administrator
20,073 Posts
The CRG "LS" stands for Lane Splitter...they fold back easily.

And if you look at my photos....if those mirrors are too wide for going in between cars then you really like to squeeze in.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Do you mean bar end weights, or bar end mirrors? In terms of weights/anything making the bars wider, I agree. But in terms of mirrors, the extra width of the bar end mirror is less of an obstacle compared to lane filtering with stock-type mirror.

Los Angeles commuter here -- probably half my time on a motorcycle is lane splitting in heavy traffic. Stock mirrors line up in height with SUV/crossover/truck mirrors, making it worse. I think this is what Noel was getting at. With bar end mirrors, you're typically below. All else fails, you can fold it/them in

It only took one crosstown commute when I got my Monster to decide the stock mirrors were too problematic to lane filter. I ordered a CRG, and until it arrived, I swapped the one from my Brutale back and forth
Referring to bar-end mirrors. 10+ years of daily LA commuting as well. I got good at the swim move to get my stock mirrors away from car mirrors, but definitely had a number of cars try to close the gap on me resulting in a margin of error that would have been eroded by bar-end mirrors.

Maybe just LA problems, but they gave me an appreciation for a narrow profile that sticks with me today.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts