MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This has likely been answered, just havent found the thread. How do all the B4 exhausts compare? I know the 910r had the option of the race exhaust but what about later models of the dual slash cuts or the euro? I am always browsen ebay for a good deal and see all the variations but not too sure. thanks for any insight!

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
MV Corse has (had) a "kit" exhaust for later model Brutales. I think both original twin pipe and single.

I prefer Tamburini's twin pipe design...others like the single pipes.

"Kit" pipes were available in titanium or stainless steel.....Mine is the inox as I am not wealthy enough to get Ti pipes.....

What comparisons are you looking for? dB level? HP improvement?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
im looking for sound, performance, and less weight not necessarily in that order. i fit an arrow cat delete pipe and now looking into the next step. ideally the MV corse silencers i think. I have to keep the twin silencers because it makes the bike im my opinion but the stock are just so heavy, so looking to upgrade but not empty the bank

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
Well...the inox "kit" mufflers (what I have) don't save much weight (if any) but they do sound good, and make better power with the ECU mapped accordingly.

The are stamped "Not for Highway Use" because they do have a higher dB level....but I think they sound good, and not too loud.

I also like the MV Agusta logo better than the oval logo on the stock mufflers.

The Ti parts weigh a LOT less....and cost a lot more. Just dumping the cat has reduced the weight about as much as possible without going Titanium.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so other than the aftermarket options. the MV corse on the 2007ish 910R is the only one that would improve performance/weight/sound?

·
Administrator
20,788 Posts
so other than the aftermarket options. the MV corse on the 2007ish 910R is the only one that would improve performance/weight/sound?

Other than aftermarket? Yes.

But there are some nice alternatives in the twin muffler design. I had Arrow carbon fiber cans on Gina before I found the MV Corse ones in the used market.
I believe any of the cans for the Brutale B4 will fit any year model.....

Like these:

https://www.ebay.com/i/283475792762...IfpZqLpgKpdPqzXojQXivRhCq_HwUBeQaAudXEALw_wcB

http://www.superclassics.com/websho...m-mv-agusta-brutale-4-cyl-abs-mv-agusta-corse

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
got it. i'll keep an eye out for some deals still but might try to modify the stock exhaust over the winter then new air filter and tuned

·
Registered
138 Posts
I recently put an arrow midpipe on my 2006 910s, stock chrome cans (the non logo ones) and it sounds much better, also a more raw/brutal throttle response (that I love) as well as some pops and burps. My buddy keeps his 2006 Brut in my garage (identical bike) so I have been comparing. He has an arrow midpipe and arrow dual carbon cans...the difference is his have a deeper rumble/idle and screams in a lower pitch, with the stock cans and arrow mid mine has a higher pitch and more of a formula sound at higher rpms hehe I prefer mine.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts