MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
are the 250B and 350B frame tank and seat mounts the same? There are fiberglass tanks available that are sold for the 350, not so much so for the 250B. I dont have a 350 frame to compare
the 250B frame is part #211 20 001 0 80
the 350B frame is part #211 20 100 0 80

I am interested in this one:

http://www.motoforzafairings.com/en/product/MV-Agusta-350-SS/OMV-N_Tank

any comments from anyone who has purchased this tank?
I would be interested in purchasing it directly from the manufacturer if anyone knows who is fabricating these.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
bought the fiberglass tank from motoforza. says it is fine for modern UK fuels and additives. I am in the US. I can run straight additive free race gas, but I am skeptical, and am tempted to caswell it when it arrives. anyone with experience on tanks from motoforza?

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
I used a fiberglass tank for the 'Tributo Ago' bike that I built (not the same tank you purchased) and I lined the tank - in fact even with the metal tanks, any of the older bikes if they need any work on the tanks, I line them simply as a matter of course.

I think you can't overdo any preparation and maintenance (well you can but it won't hurt) but you can certainly underdo it (and it will hurt) - it is a philosophy I use on all my bikes and always held me in good stead. :) Hope this helps.

Cheers
Rob

1 - 3 of 3 Posts