MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is some archive footage of the 1968 Ulster Grand Prix

Two races featuring Bill Ivy., Phil Read..etc.., and....... Agostini riding the MV Agusta 350:mouthwate...yes he's been here (and raced here) many times and I had the pleasure of meeting him (and Phil Read) not so long ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/northern-ireland/22987136

Thought You'd like this as you enjoyed the 'nostalgic' little display of classic racing bikes from my other UGP thread:)
Brian.

·
Registered
212 Posts
What I great bit of footage, thanks for posting:yo:
Great to hear the legend that is Murry Walker to, that mans voice sounds exactly the same as it does when he's commentating today. Brando

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Thanks Brian

Bloody hell Brian, a true gem from the archives!

I always get the feeling I was born 10-15 years too late, I get goose bumps watching that - I love the sound, the pure simplicity of the machines, the spirit & commaradarie within the ranks of racers.

Like Brando, fantastic to hear Murray Walker and of course, our own Kelvin "Kel" Carruthers who went on to win the following years 250 world championship.

What about that poor bloke falling over that the start of the 350 race :eek: Just goes to show what happens when you are dealing with two wheels!

Ago - the consumate professional, there was never ever any chance of him beating himself as he said once he only rode fast enough to win & his self discipline something to behold once he got out in front. I still can't believe I have met him twice & he has sat on my bike, one that I built.

Thank you so much Brian - the best possible start to my day :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts