MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I'm thinking about painting my helmet with the Tamburini decoration (but with some changes) but I can't find any back, and top pictures of it. I anyone aroud has the helmet and will be so kind to send me some pictures, I'll really will apreciate it. Thanks a lot.

Attachments

·
Registered
178 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
Some nice looking lids, but am I the only one who got quite a laugh out of those MSRP's?

If well-healed riders find the concept of laying out that sort of cash for a helmet as palatable, then I've missed my calling in life and wasted a lot of time and money on an education. :eek:nthecan:

And you thought Oakley's had crazy margins! :wtf:

·
Registered
798 Posts
ten~39 said:
Some nice looking lids, but am I the only one who got quite a laugh out of those MSRP's?

If well-healed riders find the concept of laying out that sort of cash for a helmet as palatable, then I've missed my calling in life and wasted a lot of time and money on an education. :eek:nthecan:

And you thought Oakley's had crazy margins! :wtf:
No, your not the only one. I love that helmet, but not to the tune of $1500 USD. That is just insane.

·
Registered
106 Posts
anucci said:
No, your not the only one. I love that helmet, but not to the tune of $1500 USD. That is just insane.
Moot point. These helmets, through manufactured by Arai and marketed by MV Agusta Special Parts, are not compliant with DOT in the US and cannot be sold or imported here at this time.

·
Registered
798 Posts
lewolfmd said:
Moot point. These helmets, through manufactured by Arai and marketed by MV Agusta Special Parts, are not compliant with DOT in the US and cannot be sold or imported here at this time.
Wow, I thought this was the standart RX7 Corsair with a special paint scheme. Thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
<--- Clearly, I like this design as well. I don't own it myself, but would certainly consider making one, but Arai's don't fit my head, I would use a Shoei for me...

Pretty sure 'reopropf' has one, see it in his gallery starting here...

http://mvagusta.net/gallery/reopropf/peter_track

There are quite a few shots of it there, he might be willing to send you some better pics.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
878 Posts
twoeleven I would use a Shoei for me... [/QUOTE said:
Not all brands have the ear piece/cover. Suomy, Arai, and a couple of others only offer theirs with the ear piece. If you buy the ones without the ear piece, you won't be able to fit the design.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
I can make it work, I gots me some MAD skills...I'll just leave the Arai graphic off of my Shoei, and make sure the "horn" curves around the end of the shield...I'll photoshop something for Troy Lee Designs, and let them do it for a fraction of the cost...

·
Registered
3,007 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
Not all brands have the ear piece/cover. Suomy, Arai, and a couple of others only offer theirs with the ear piece. If you buy the ones without the ear piece, you won't be able to fit the design.
The design doesn't touch the ear piece...it's completely black.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I just sent my XR100 Shoei to the painter. I want to do it with the same design but I'll change the black for silver, and I'll have the "910 brutale" sign at the back. I think I'll have it in about a week...Can't wait till it's ready!!!!

Will send some pics when is ready, to see what you guys think.

·
Registered
878 Posts
FERROMAN said:
Ok, I just sent my XR100 Shoei to the painter. I want to do it with the same design but I'll change the black for silver, and I'll have the "910 brutale" sign at the back. I think I'll have it in about a week...Can't wait till it's ready!!!!

If your painter doesn't do helmets for a living, you might tell him "not to" bake and/or heat treat the helmet after painting. I have spoken with Arai and Shoei reps, and they all recommend against painting/baking the helmet as it deteriorates the inside insulation/foam. After the painting is done, it'll need to be cured at room temprature. Just have him put a heavy clear coat on it afterwards.

Just FYI, the inside foam cannot be removed as it is bonded to the shell.

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
FERROMAN said:

Me = Jealous...Can't wait to see it! Good luck!

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just picked up my "new" FERROMAN :laughing: replica MV Agusta helmet this morning...I think the painter did a pretty good job. It's all hand made, no stikers at all. There are a few datails that could be better, but generaly I'm satisfied with his job. Let me know your opinion.
PS: Thank you very much for the suplied pics.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts