MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother has an RX7 and he likes his lid to be pristine and the top centre vent is transparent and shows all the flies trapped inside it. Does anyone here know how to get them out without scratching the helmet or the vent? He's tried cotton buds but they are too wide. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Wet them like Pete says then carefully hold the helmet under the tap with the vent closed!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I use Plexus sprayed on a QTip. Then follow up with a dry QTip.
When it gets really bad, you buy a replacement piece for a few bucks. I just did.
Do you mean you buy a new clear vent? If so I didn't know that these could be bought and how do you take the old one off and put the new one on? Do they click on and off or how are they attached to the helmet?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do you mean you buy a new clear vent? If so I didn't know that these could be bought and how do you take the old one off and put the new one on? Do they click on and off or how are they attached to the helmet?
Yes. Go to Arai's website or Service Pavillion (a major Arai dealer) and order the top clear vent.
The old one just pulls off and the new one has double sided tape that holds it in place.
Pretty much your whole helmet can be replaced with new parts.
Nice, huh? :yo:

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yes. Go to Arai's website or Service Pavillion (a major Arai dealer) and order the top clear vent.
The old one just pulls off and the new one has double sided tape that holds it in place.
Pretty much your whole helmet can be replaced with new parts.
Nice, huh? :yo:
Thanks, Ara. That's good to know. My brother has the Colin White version of the RX7 Corsair and is finding it extremely prone to stone chips. He's wondering if there is a defect in the paint on it as he has a few helmets which are a few years old with lots of use and less stone chips than this 2 month old Corsair.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts