MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Or you can try VEMAR, I have the carbon fiber one and now they came up with new helmet with wery nice graffic design check it out. They are in Arai price range !!! N.

·
Administrator
18,853 Posts
I'm about to give the new Bell Star a try out this weekend. My Arai, although comfy, has too much noise for me.

I'll give a report Monday. But I must say, the new Bell Star looks nice and came with a top level carry bag, spare shield sheath and an extra set of interior pads of alternate firmness....

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am one of those people with an Arai shaped head and immune ears ! So I need to buy another as i wrecked my current one in the off I had at brands in June.

I have been looking round and I don't like any of the new designs ? Do I defect and go AGV or can they still supply a Corser design? I think there was a thread about this before ???
WHY ?

Attachments

·
Registered
395 Posts
Having an "Arai head" is a bit of a misnomer, since they (and they alone as far as I know) are the only manufacturer that actually makes two (or more) shell shapes. Their Quantum "round-oval shape is completely wrong for me (though I wore a large one for years). Their Signet long-oval shape is perfect for me and I've worn those (in medium) for years now. I bought an AGV earlier last year, and it was much more of a round-oval shape. So if you've comfortable with the Arai Quantum you'll probably be fine with the AGV.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Got an Arai Chaser in Force Red colour after getting a Viper (Web Blue and Plain White) and an RX7 (Colin White) which I couldn't get to fit. Tried the large versions of both which fitted when the helmet was actually on but were a nightmare to get off. Both would make me feel I may need to call the Fire Brigade to get them cut off and would scratch my face and require massive force to get off. The XL was too big.

The Force Red Chaser looks stunning imo but I don't like the fact that you can only remove the cheek pads and not the whole lining for washing. I was told to wash the Chaser lining by putting the whole lid in the bath. All the lining is removable on the Viper and RX7 Corsair. The Chaser is quite a bit cheaper than the other 2. The Corsair and Viper are 3 Star rated in the Sharp tests which does make me wonder. Don't thiink the Chaser has been tested yet?

The AGV Ti Tech and GP Tech helmets look good but my brother had a GP Tech recently and the stitching on the lining was breaking so he took it back and got an Arai RX7 Corsair Colin White. He has seen a couple of other AGV GP Tech helmets brand new in the shop with this stitching problem as well as a friend of his whose GP Tech's stitching came undone.

I wonder if Arai and some of the other high end brands will change their designs in order to give them 5 Star ratings in the UK Sharp Tests????

·
Registered
212 Posts
I have an Arai Corsair and a Shoei X-Eleven. Both are a great fit but I prefer the interior and features of the Shoei. In my case the Shoei was also quieter.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Well, I'm sure some of you know already; the new Arai RR5 (I think it's called Corsair V) will be coming to the US soon. It has vents by the sides of the jaw and a wing-like spoiler on the back. It's like the one Nicky's wearing here:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts