MV Agusta Forum banner

Apartment Living

806 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  strike71 
#1 ·
Just moved into an apartment and fortunately in the basement carpark, I have the ability to plug in the trickle charger to keep the battery maintained. While the temperature is a lot cooler then in my previous house is there any other considerations to look after the bike apart from tucking it in with a blanket and cover? :D

Appreciate any other considerations of those on the forum in a similar situation.

Regards

#2 ·
. . . is there any other considerations to look after the bike apart from tucking it in with a blanket and cover? :D
SECURITY!!

Some of us will remember that a Brutale (as I recall) was stolen from an underground car park (USA) just last year.

Of course we are all security conscious, but some extra thought in your situation might be an advantage.

#3 ·
I have lived in many apartments. Yes used a soft cover under the waterproof one. You need to ride the bike more. Especially after rainy days, because the humidity loves, LOVES, motorcycle covers. Beware of other cars, park in well lighted area. A Kryptonite chain locked to a column is a good deterent.

#4 ·
There are a couple of security sheds on the market.

If you are handy maybe make one using the links for inspiration. There are others out there as well. A half tip-open design seems simple enough to design and fabricate. Corrugated panels are often available in home improvement stores. I would make it opaque. Put it near a wall so it seems like a utility/transformer box.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.