MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anzac Day is upon us again, time to reflect on the sacrifices of others. To think about the mates I served with and the efforts of my Step Son(thankfully returned from o/s service in one piece) and Daughter still serving overseas. May all those serving now return to their respective homes and families safe and sound. To those that haven`t, Lest we Forget.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
The third & fourth stanzas of the Ode Of Remembrance:

They went with songs to the battle, they were young.
Straight of limb, true of eyes, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.

They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them.

·
Vendor
5,276 Posts
Can I tell you about my Anzac Day.Get home last night after a hard days work.Set the alarm for 3.00am,have a few bourbons to help me sleep lol.Alarm goes off,damm I just closed my eyes.Have a shower,wake the wife up,get dressed,put my fathers war medals on the right breast of my jacket,cup of tea,off we go to the dawn service at Currumbin Queensland.20,000 people expected.Don't think it reached that number but it was packed.We lost 64 servicemen/women in the last year in our RSL area.The chairman announced their service number,name and which force they were with by memory (no notes)just incredible.Then 24 ashes are scattered at sea by the life savers.I was going pretty well until they played the song by Adam Bland "The Anzacs",and showed a video of war scenes with walking wounded.I shed a tear.They say grown men don't cry but I was overcome with emotion.So all you Aussies and New Zealanders it's our day to remember.Can I just finally say all our allied ex and current servicemen/women around the world you are all hero's in my book.Thank you all.Sorry for the long story.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I watched that on tele this morning Mitch and it looked like he was going from memory but didn`t think it possible, great effort. Didn`t see the spreading of ashes as was on the way to the local service by then. If you are not affected someway at some point today there is probably something wrong with you.

·
Vendor
5,276 Posts
CUS,sorry I forgot your name:stickpoke.This guy does it every year,memorising I mean.I can't remember what I did last week,but honest he does not read from notes,he only hesitated a couple of times,64 names and numbers unreal.He also has as much medals on his jacket equal to the weight of my Bodis exhaust system.Unreal.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My names Mark, don`t sweat it I can barely remember it myself sometimes which makes your RSL Chairmans powers of recall amazing to me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts