MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Yeah, great looking.

IME with other full ti systems, never a motocourse, I've never seen one get so consistently colored like that.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
luvtolean said:
Yeah, great looking.

I've never seen one get so consistently colored like that.
Yeah, I posted those pix a few times already...
Never seen them so consistantly colored like that either, except on race bikes.

I have the Graves full Ti exhaust on my R6, and if you see their 2003 team bikes, the pipes are totally blued/purpled from the header all the way to the end can, and even the outlet(muzzle) of the end can was blue too!

I wonder how they did it, I have a feeling it was done during the dyno break in, when it was 1st installed.

Very very sexy almost like a nice tatoo... when you have the fairing up you just see a little bit of it... something organic about it, like a chamelleon...

imagine it done on the Brutale? red frame, blue/purple pipes... :humpother

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ben,

interesting you point out the blue on the grave pipes. there may be a link between the graves stuff and the moto corse stuff. the company that makes both may be the same. i don't have a definitive on this yet, but i'm working on it.

alex

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
altoon said:
ben,

interesting you point out the blue on the grave pipes. there may be a link between the graves stuff and the moto corse stuff. the company that makes both may be the same. i don't have a definitive on this yet, but i'm working on it.

alex
one thing for sure is that Both pipes are made in Japan.

I was told that the pipes I have(Graves 2003 R6 full titanium pipe) was made by Ti Force... the quality of the weld is also top notch like the Moto Corse pipes.

Let me know if you find out something about it.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well, my understanding is that Ti Force and Graves were made at the by the same vendor. however, graves has moved some (i'm not sure how much) manufacturing in-house.

but i'd sure like to sort all this out.

i'll see what i can unearth in all this.

alex

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have seen pictures of race cars that had that color and a "bronze " like hue also..i was told that they wipe down the pipes with WD40 when they are still warm

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
agustafan001 said:
I have seen pictures of race cars that had that color and a "bronze " like hue also..i was told that they wipe down the pipes with WD40 when they are still warm
in the installation instructions for my Graves pipes it said to wipe the pipe down with WD40 or somekind of lube to remove the finger prints before firing it up the first time.

mine has a bit of blue but no where near the brilliant color of the pipes on their race bikes... I suspect high temperature had something to do with it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts