MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't believe how much these cars sell for. The shelby just went for $5 million :jsm: .

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have to be above $750,000 just to be on the top 5 list. Three cars tied for an even $1 mil :jerkoff:

·
Registered
236 Posts
Yeah, the guy, Ron Pratt, that bought the Shelby for 5 million has bought at least 20 million worth in the past few years. Pretty awesome I would say.

There are lots of people who had these cars when they were new whose stomachs are upset tonight!

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Guilty...I'm addicted, I watch every year, and every year regret a little bit more, selling my 1966 Pontiac GTO. Damn.

Griff :loser:
twoeleven

·
Registered
200 Posts
I end up watching some days for 6-7-8 hours straight. My wife even watched for a few hours the other day..

The prices are just insane...I guess you get a few REALLY rich guys in a pissing contest over a car and that's what you end up with.

·
Registered
503 Posts
My wife and I spent a few hours there Saturday. It's a great time, many booths and exhibits that you don't see on TV; and acres of cars.

Some of the bidding is beyond comprehension. Cars without real historical value going for six figures. Can't understand it. Barrett-Jackson is the real winner, they collect 10% from the buyer on top of the bid price plus 8% from the seller!!!

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Sure beats the crap out of ebay!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
96 Posts
My friend donald...

I've also been witness, and everytime that show comes on I remember this guy I knew 20 years ago. He was crazy... Everybody's got that one friend they grew up with who was totaly insane and everyone knew it. Everybody busted my balls for hanging out with him-I mean he was a complete terror! And even though he drove me nuts and constantly embarrassed me, I loved this guy-he was THE biggest gearhead of them all! He was changing motors or some shit so often half the time he was out terrorizing everyone with no hood on his cars, this is the guy who had engines lieing around the ground all down the driveway, this is the guy who had a mid-60's 500 HP big-block in his rusted out 82 GMC pick-up truck. This is the guy who knew every cop by name and they sure knew him. He had a 1969 Camaro Z-28, he always described it as "all matching numbers & the correct DZ-302 block" This guy told me, he warned me-he said "these muscle cars are gonna be priceless in a few years, you should buy as many as you can". He would buy some rusted out heap of shit just so he could scavenge the "center console is gonna be priceless" "you wait-you'll see" Nobody believed him. Including me. This guy was a speed freak, he'd ride the wheels off a RZ-350 and then proclaim it "slow as shit" after he would master it. He got a GPZ-750-the one with the factory turbo- a few days later the same comment "its not fast enough! Its a piece of shit!" He moved on to a GPZ-1100- "childs play" he would say! He bored it out to damn near 1300! This placated him for a while. He'd say to me "hop on, let me take you out for a ride" {this is just before I knew how to ride a bike} I'd say to him "But I dont have a helmet" you know, just trying to get out of it anyway I can. "here take mine-I dont need it, I've got my sunglass's" So here I am on the back, 150 mph easy! At night, no less! I'm wearing a ten year old helmet with no visor, he's got the glass's! Throughout the summer he got to me though, as foolish and reckless as he was-he got to me! "if you die its not my fault" was his response when I innocently asked him to teach me how to ride. I had to wait all summer to learn because he had blown the motor in his dirtbike and at that time I did'nt know anybody else. Finaly he found {stole?} the much needed funds to put that dirt bike back together and he threw it into the back off the crazy rusted out 82 GMC pick-up with the mid-60's corvette big-block under the hood. "you wanta learn-I'll teacha but I aint responsible when you crash & die and I dont wanna hear any shit from your parents when you go down....And your buyin me a tank ah gas cuz we're runnin on fumes!" Is what he tells me when the big day finaly came. I hated the 'jus buy me gas" bribes because whenever he had a full tank he would try to get the absolute lowest fuel economy possible just to piss me off, constantly flooring it taking off from red lights & just generaly shooting for 3,4,5 miles to the gallon so I'd have to buy him another tank. He did teach me how to ride bikes that day, it was a real trial by fire because my definition of 'teaching' differed slightly from his. I was'nt strong enough to kick that fucking dirtbike over so he did it for me and told me to get on while he held the bars. So now I'm on the bike, he's standing in front of me-straddleing the front wheel when his starts laughing uncontrolably "Jeeeesssuusssffuuucccckkiiinnggcchhrriiisstt-your feet are a goddamn 12,14 inches from the ground!!! HHAAAAA hhAAAAAAA this is gonna be fuckin great watchin you break your legs today!" "Donald, that cant happen-I have a JOB!" This had no relevance to him, it was a completely foreighn circumstance to him. Donald had NEVER had a job- "jus be sure an givit lotsa gas" he'd scream over the chaotic din of the shrieking 2-stroke. "But Donald, how do I stop? I cant reach the ground"..."shuddop with your whining! Just gas it and go- when you wanna stop just ease up to those rocks over there and put your foot down on 'em. Now would ya grow some balls and do it already, its hot as fuck out here!, Besides I'm just doin this cuz I wanna watch you crash-trust me, you'll never make it to those rocks-your gonna break your leg today and I'm gonna laugh my balls off watchin you cry" This was as close to a confidence inspiring pep-talk as I was going to get so I just gunned it!

I did'nt break my leg that day and my dangleing feet made it to those rocks.. By the end of the afternoon I was getting 8 feet of air off the dirt piles-you couldnt get me to stop. I was in heaven. A motorcycleist was born.

Oh and the dirtbike? I never told you what kind of bike it was. It was the perfect bike to learn on, very forgiving, very gentle power delivery...

I learned how to ride on a 85 Kawasaki KX-500.......

Keep it between the Hedges everyone,

FBD

P.S. Hows that for a thread-jack?

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
must have been a well typed novel, because i can't believe i just read all of that!! i guess i was waiting to hear how he mad a million dollars with the rusted out GMC truck. :laughing:

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
Koop said:
My wife and I spent a few hours there Saturday. It's a great time, many booths and exhibits that you don't see on TV; and acres of cars.

Some of the bidding is beyond comprehension. Cars without real historical value going for six figures. Can't understand it. Barrett-Jackson is the real winner, they collect 10% from the buyer on top of the bid price plus 8% from the seller!!!
plus $500 just to be allowed to bid!

CAG

1 - 11 of 11 Posts