MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
I used Jet-Hot, they're all over Australia Glenn, did a great job, the coating on my headers are 5 years old and still holding up okay. http://www.jet-hot.com.au/

They do inside and outside.

Attachments

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks mate, I looked into them and HPC in Castlemaine. If Hi Octane have any naysayers I will go that route (HPC or Jet Hot). Sydney is a short drive away and figured a place that size should have someone reputable. Some deeper research on ceramic coatings generally in Sydney indicates these guys are pretty good so I will give them a try.

Will post up the results. One step closer to having her on the road....

·
Registered
96 Posts
I've used them for anti friction and heat barrier coatings on pistons for my old bevel drive Ducati, the finish was excellent, I can't comment on the effectiveness or longevity as the engine is still in the build phase waiting for VeeTwo to make some clutch baskets

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
Thinking of taking my exhausts here for ceramic coating. Any of the Sydney people heard of these guys?

http://www.performancecoating.com.au/
Hi Glenno,

They've done all my work - two 350's MVs (exhausts & headers) - the 750 America (exhausts and headers) & the Cagiva SP525 (header and expansion chamber) F4 - (headers only) you can see these them in this thread http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=30016&highlight=ceramic+coating&page=4.

First rate work and top blokes to deal with - each job I was given a quote a completion date and each job hit the mark without a hitch.

I'll use them again when I next need stuff no worries.

Cheers
Rob

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just a quick update, got back everything today. The service was great and the finish looks great too. This bike will be my hair dresser bike (all show and no go :)...okay alittle go) so I did the full system for a nice clean look. Hi Octane do alot of drag car work so I'm hoping they hold up well. Will post finished pics soon enough.

The guys at Hi Octane were very good to deal with. Not much about them on their website or the web generally, but alot on Face Book. They do delivery service and have a 7 day turn around. I only did the outside of the mufflers and when I got them home I left them in the box for 4 days. Alittle fluid had leaked out and sat on the coating in the wrapping. It damaged the coating and would not polish out. I just emailed Kyle at Hi octane and he said no problem bring them back and we will re do them. Good response :)

For the full system headers, mid pipe (inside and out in silver), mufflers outside only in silver and 4 x tips in satin black inside and out $400AUD.

They don't seem to waste money on the shop front, but put out some good work. Check out their FB page if you are in Sydney.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Final update. Have the exhausts fitted up now and am surprised/pleased just how much cooler they are. At 90C engine temp, a temp gun was reading 100C on the headers, 60C on the Mufflers. 25C on the tip caps. Weirdly the gun was reading higher on the coated and wrapped part 125-130C, but felt cooler than the surrounding with the hand. Suspect the gun was reading into the wrap more.

May need to polish the exhaust guard.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
21,405 Posts
That looks very nice!

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, very happy with the result. Sent the other fairings off to the paint shop as they had a few issues. Nothing major, just not to my standard. Can't wait to ride her after that :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Weirdly the gun was reading higher on the coated and wrapped part 125-130C, but felt cooler than the surrounding with the hand. Suspect the gun was reading into the wrap more.

@Glenno thanks for the link to this. It looks great.

I'll inevitably need to get mine coated. As a temporary measure to keep heat off the plastics, I wrapped the adjacent pipes. But the temps were showing higher on the wrap than the unwrapped metal! Disappointed.

If the ceramic headers don't work, maybe I'll get a carbon belly pan as last resort (?).

Attachments

1 - 16 of 16 Posts