1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
465 Posts
Looks like more chinese poo poo. I don't cut corners on bike batteries. If the price is too good to be true, there's usually a reason.....

·
Administrator
19,805 Posts
WOW.......$30??? and free shipping?? Unbelievable. It would be worth $30 just to try it, since a genuine Yuasa is about $100 more!

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
You get a 12 month Warranty.

I have paid one hell of a lot more and had a shed load of trouble with Odyssey Batteries.

I wouldn't poo poo it because it is Chinese...If we removed Chinese goods from our Western World we'd be living in a very different world ....Our MVs would be only half built and Ducatis would evaporate before our eyes lol

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
It's not Chinese...it's Vietnamese.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok well if I go for it I'll let you know how it turns out. Also going to call the local Batteries Plus and see what they can order. They've built a good name so I'm going to bet they won't send out junk. Stay tuned

·
Registered
661 Posts
If you do that battery be sure to get a battery absorbent mat put underneath it, at least it will limit the damages when it bursts in the heat. My advise is save the headache and forget the next mod and use the funds to get a Yuasa, then you don't have to worry about it and your bike will always start when you need it, even in the dead heat of summer at a long stoplight where you shutdown the motor.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I have Shorai in both my F4 and RC. They are lithium Iron, much more stable than lithium poly.

I'd be more worried about sulphuric acid leaking out of the Pb acid stock battery than the LiFe destructing.

Just my .02

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
661 Posts
Haha, I should of been more clear, I was referring to the Adventure Power mentioned by the original poster leaking. I've no qualms with the Lithium Iron type, only about its cold weather cranking performance, but I have not experienced them yet. I still have my Taiwanese Koyo, hehe. I'd like to try the MV Agusta Lithium option part but that is almost 2 bills.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts