MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks, trying to get Kamran's USA based nose cone fairing onto my bike in Australia but the postage ($400 US) is higher then the actual part, so unless we can come up with someone kind enough to bring it over to Oz on their trip across or some other means of freighting it over without having to get held to ransom we have to abandon this transaction.

Hope someone can help us out here

Cheers
Ed
Brisbane

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
$400 US?! :shocker: that's crazy... Have you tried different shipping company and/or method?

how much is a bargain round trip ticket? maybe you can come pick it up and make a vacation out of it too!

·
Registered
8,867 Posts
odonata said:
$400 US?! :shocker: that's crazy... Have you tried different shipping company and/or method?

how much is a bargain round trip ticket? maybe you can come pick it up and make a vacation out of it too!
I think he means AUS?

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
odonata said:

It does sound very expensive, I've had guitars shipped here from the US for half that. Because of weight/size restrictions I have only used USPS once but it is usually the cheapest air freight.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope that be $400 USD, :mad: it due to the cubic size of the box. Using some cardboard origami Kamran is creating an odd shape to get under the postal cubic size restrictions so fingers crossed. And yes he kindly tried fedex usp ups as well. Can't ask a man to do more then that :guitarist

·
Registered
878 Posts
... it's stupid, but the rule is it has to be less than 79" in girth+width. This rule applies to some countries, others are 109" or so.

If you put a tape measure around the fairing, it'd be about 70" right there +the height which is another 14"... and that's without the packaging.

I'm going to my neighboring city post office and try my luck there. Should know in a couple of hours... :later:

·
Registered
878 Posts
...yupeeeee!!! I just went to a smaller city postal office, and I gave the lady behind the counter a big smile, and spoke with a very soft tune....! She didn't even measure the package to see if it fits within the regulation guidlines...and checked it right through whooohooo!

Just as an FYI for the rest of our friends out there. If the package girth+width exceeds 79" (for some countries), the package would then have to be shipped via Express Delivery. Once it's kicked into that system, they'd have to check the weight as well as the volume it takes up. Their equivalant weight/volume calculation is Wt=WxDxH/166. So in this case the equivalent weight would be = 22x21x13/166= 37 pounds. So they'd have to charge for Express Delivery for a 37# weight, whereas the item only actually weighs 8 pounds.... and that's where the $400 comes into the picture!!!

So beware, and when shipping, go to a small town... :conveyer:

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
So beware, and when shipping, go to a small town... :conveyer:

What the nice lady didn't tell you Kamran, is the package will probably end up in Anchorage Alaska or may be if you're lucky on the Kamchatka penninsula in Russia!! :naughty: :naughty:

·
Registered
878 Posts
john said:
What the nice lady didn't tell you Kamran, is the package will probably end up in Anchorage Alaska or may be if you're lucky on the Kamchatka penninsula in Russia!! :naughty: :naughty:
I was smart enough to buy the extra insurance! :conveyer:

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Glad it all worked out!

Soft tone, big smile... so were you disappointed that she didn't measure your big package before it went right through? :laughing:

My apology... just couldn't resist! :naughty:

·
Registered
474 Posts
USPS Surface has been cheapest international from the US in my experience. But can take up to 3 months even though they quote 6 weeks. Depends on your patience I guess.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Steptoe said:
Have a guessing competition :laughing:

USD$50.35
Unfortunately, that's only half the story!!! You need to click on the "Show Dimension" just above the table. Then you'll see that 79" is the limit for the cheaper rates. Then you can use the next level higher that allows you 108", which is "Global Express" with a price of: "Calculate"? Then you click on the "calculate", and scroll down the page and you are asked the dimension. Put in 22x23x14 and you'll see the actual price then. Just as an FYI, the original box dimensions were like 24x24x18...which equated to about $400.

ondo: yes I was!!! :toothless

So, now the cost was...................$49!!! For Express Delivery, because she didn't check the dimensions.

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
So, now the cost was...................$49!!! For Express Delivery, because she didn't check the dimensions.
So, for a good time, call: 1 (999) KamranFun, with his smile and soft tone, he could get you cheap shipping to anywhere in the world. :laughing: :guitarist :guitarist :guitarist :toothless :king:

·
Registered
878 Posts
odonata said:
So, for a good time, call: 1 (999) KamranFun, with his smile and soft tone, he could get you cheap shipping to anywhere in the world. :laughing: :guitarist :guitarist :guitarist :toothless :king:
Funny, I've seen that same writing on bathroom walls, except it ended at "...call for a good time" and didn't go into much details....!!! :later:

·
Registered
2,839 Posts
kamranmarashi said:
Funny, I've seen that same writing on bathroom walls, except it ended at "...call for a good time" and didn't go into much details....!!! :later:
Let me get that right that is the mens room. :stickpoke :laughing:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts