MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of picking one of these up. a dealer by me has a red one and will e recieving a black one shortly. I have had a 1098S on order but really thinking of pulling the plug on it and just get another MV. How different is the 312 over the 1000R. Can you tell the difference or is it just the top speed.

·
Registered
98 Posts
sickbiker said:
I am thinking of picking one of these up. a dealer by me has a red one and will e recieving a black one shortly. I have had a 1098S on order but really thinking of pulling the plug on it and just get another MV. How different is the 312 over the 1000R. Can you tell the difference or is it just the top speed.

Here's some info that helped me decide between a 1000R and the R312. Hope this helps.

http://www.bikersweb.co.uk/features/BikeReviews.aspx?ArticleId=1118

http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/road/bikes/MV_Agusta_F4R_312.html

·
Registered
42 Posts
I picked up my 312 this afternoon. It's still in the run in period but I can tell there's a beast inside. As you know compared to the R the 312 has more horses and higher top end, I doubt that you tell any difference between the two until you accelerate through 170mph or so, that would make them even doing a trackday. The 312 is an '08 model and the new ECU allows more fine tuning from the computer. I was looking for top end and I'm pretty sure I found it.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yup, that was me. Couldn't resist. Looking forward to meeting up with you.

·
Registered
8,920 Posts
The 312 is for SBK homogolation.

Welcome Julian! We have a small MV entourage in AZ that occasionally gets it together for a ride, hit any of us up if you're headed out. Koop rides pretty much every Sunday morning at the least.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have been on both 312R and the 1098S
3rd gear on the 312R pulls like 1098 in second.

1098 is not going to catch a 312R unless its in a seasoned racers hands.

·
Registered
109 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
I was always very partial towards the Black 1000R due to the fact that I love the 910 R colors. But I have to admit, I'm sold on the red and silver. Very hot bike :f4:

·
Registered
109 Posts
Thats a Ducati Service tool for the 999's bodywork. I happens to work well for the MV as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts