MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I had the ecu flashed, I raised mine to 12,500. I knew this was in the ballpark of the F4's, and it's an F4 motor so I figured she could handle it. Any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Yes, and I know what the safe limit is but unless you have good gains at higher revs on the dyno there's really no point raising the limit

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the safe limit? We think the reflash will fix it. Waiting on the mail to bring it.

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
What is the safe limit? We think the reflash will fix it. Waiting on the mail to bring it.
We're talking controlled conditions here mate, I would want to see your bike on the dyno to be satisfied other parameters were met, so if I post it here everybody will assume their bike is set up well enough to attain the 'limit'...suffice to say the limit is higher than most would expect. Having said that, horsepower and torque gains at higher rpm require many other modifications rather than merely raising the rev limit, sorry I'm not really giving you the answer you want mate

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pm me some of the other requirements. Great efforts have been made to set her up as perfect as I can. I'm always interested in knowing more about how to get her running as God and Italy intended.

·
Registered
14,532 Posts
rev limit?

Jason;
listen to Chris

many MVs have lost rod #3.....usually thats an oiling problem

i have not researched this at all, i have not gone through the oiling system....remember MVs have 2 oil pumps, the routing of the oil from the pumps is unknown to me

with a wet sump motor you usually have 1 pump routed;
pump> cooler> filter> motor

dry sump motors are a whole different deal.....up to 6 scavenge pumps> to a screened catch tank> oil tank> pressure pump >cooler> filter> motor;
http://www.barnessystems.com/images/9025-rp_large.gif
my buddy Al and his sons, John and Bob

you want answers? PM or call Ernest (yamacatiman) 480-438-9554 he drag races MVs

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Thanks Noel, I was in the middle of writing up what I have done to my Tambo engine and a big bore Brute (spare engines) but I was not ready to pm Jason yet....it's probably better to chat to Ernest anyway, I assume he's getting some good results from his engines. I have 2 F4 engines pulling good numbers on the dyno ....it's expensive getting good reliable power as you well know, with everything installed in the Tambo , it owes me quite a few bucks. It is worth it to me though, and I would love you to ride it one day Noel, we'll find a way !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts