MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
King of Bling
9,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi People

I need your help..

I'm think of buying a few parts for my bike and they're located in Laconia, NH, United States..

The problem is the parts aren't that heavy ( 2 x small carbon side covers) but the shipping quotation I have been given is huge :jsm::jsm::jsm:..

Is there anyone located in this region that might be able to lend a hand ?..

I'll pay the shipping and any other costs, but what I'm looking for is someone who has the time to re-pack these side covers into a small box that wouldn't take up as much volumetric space and assist in getting them shipped over to the UK..

I could have got this package shipped over to my mate in Ione CA, but unfortunately he's out of action at the moment with a slipped back disc, and because of his condition I wouldn't ask him in this instance.. So I'm stuck !!

Cheers
John

·
Super Moderator
22,502 Posts
PM to you John.....

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
John, it looks to me that you don't have enough friends in the US. Let Chuck pick up your schwag, and bring it to Bub4......then get yourself over here, and pick it up yourself.....after making lots of new friends.

·
King of Bling
9,825 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you very much everybody..

Hi People

Thank you very much everybody who stepped forward and offering to help out with this quest..

You guys are true gents among us..

I'm buying a couple of genuine Ducati Performance tank fill in panels for my bike and the seller in question was quoting UPS $362.24 for Expedited, and then $421.23 for faster shipments. This was a massive kick in the balls and was preventing me from buying these panels.

However, the seller has now come back to me with a much cheaper option using USPS Priority Mail option, which only comes out to $38.65.. This shipping quote is reasonable and makes the purchase of these panels a go ahead.

Thanks again everyone for your offer of assistance, it was much appreciated :yo:

John, it looks to me that you don't have enough friends in the US. Let Chuck pick up your schwag, and bring it to Bub4......then get yourself over here, and pick it up yourself.....after making lots of new friends.
Hey Randy.. You can take the man out of the showroom, but you can't take the salesman out of the man ;).

Thanks for the subtle persuasive hint my friend and I wouldn't mind coming to one of the Bubba quickenings, but with my state of health, Europe is about as far afield as I feel comfortable travelling nowadays.

Last time I was in the “Good Old US of A” the medical insurance cover cost me more than Elvis’s burger bill when he was performing in Vegas ( God Bless his soul)..

I get a full report on the various characters and goings on at the Bubba meetings, so I almost feel like I know you guys.. Maybe, one day you will get to know the real me..

Visiting the Barber museum is on my bucket list, but that will just have to wait for a little bit longer.. :(

Maybe we should arrange something over here and have the fellowship meet up for a quickening in the UK.

I thought John was an Outlaw biker.. A real loner..Maybe even a myth.. but mostly a Legend!

Al.. I'm not an Outlaw biker, or even a loner come to that and certainly not a Legend.. Unless someone knows me on a personal level, I know I can come over as a Tosser, and if people want to believe in that, then that's cool with me.. :)

Al.. spread the love !:laughing:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts