MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know much about Italian bands, maybe I should start looking into them!

I heard "Our Truth" on the radio or Headbangers Ball or something, and decided to get it. It's not bad. I guess they are from the north, Milan? I like heavy bands with female singers. It's cool. They actually have 2 singers, a guy too. Kind of a cool dynamic.

I guess I'm in a metal phase right now. I can't stop listening to Lamb of God. Went to see them live and it was like high school again, but back then it was Slayer and Death Angel and stuff, didn't seem quite as heavy.

(My wife doesn't let me crank up my guitars anymore, and I've even got a Marshall and Explorer to live out my pubescent metal daydreams.)

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
I have an older CD of them. Not the best band with female singer imho.
Do you know bands like Tristania, After Forever, Trail of Tears and the older Within Temptation?? Cool stuff.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm. I haven't heard the older stuff. Maybe the newer one is different. I think I heard something about how this latest album is a "breakthrough".

Haven't heard of that other stuff, I'll look into it.

Comparing female singers: Lacuna Coil seems to be closer to Evanescence than something like Arch Enemy or Kittie

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
I really would have to listen to Lacuna again... I will look which cd I have. I remember it did me think of Theatre of Tragedy, but that's softer. Are you in the really heavy stuff, or not necessarely?

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Okay, it's Unleashed Memories from 2001. Sounds not bad, but there is better :yo:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Depends on when you ask :)

Right now I'm on a metal thing and it's Slayer and Lamb of God for me. I like Opeth pretty well too. There's always Pantera, Death Angel, Korn, that kind of thing too. A guy at work is trying to get me into Dragonforce.

But I go through phases of blues, Hendrix, Van Halen, System of a Down, Bad Brains, alt rock type stuff, all kinds of things. I'll go on a week or two binge of John Coltrane once in a while too.

But right now, metal.

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
Heard of Dragonforce for the first time this week. At first I thought it was interesting, but seems a bit boring... http://www.agjs34.hemscott.net/DragonForce-Through_the_Fire_and_Flames.mp3

You mention some quite good bands: Death Angel, Slayer and System of a Down. And I really like atmospheric metal with female vocals as mentioned previously. Also: The 3rd and the Mortal, The Gathering, Ayreon, Orphanage.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
she can def sing very well. I have the album on my computer and love it. The chick from Evanesence can rock out too. For me ill always be a die hard Pantera fan. No matter how long ago their albums came out i still think they rock better than any band since.

the chick is pretty hot for a metal chick too :jsm:

·
Registered
5,577 Posts
I like hot metal chicks :naughty: I married one :yo:

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Matty said:
she can def sing very well. I have the album on my computer and love it. The chick from Evanesence can rock out too. For me ill always be a die hard Pantera fan. No matter how long ago their albums came out i still think they rock better than any band since.
I saw Pantera live in '90 I think it was, they were touring for the Cowboys from Hell album. It was in a pretty small club in town. It was one of the most wild shows I've ever been to. Maybe still not as wild as a Slayer show from the same era, but close.

Lamb of God is everything a metal band should be, and as good as anybody ever was. Saw them last month. Holy cow. 11th hour.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went to see Lacuna Coil live last night.

Ahh... Pretty good I guess. Worth seeing once. Didn't set the world on fire. Kind of a weird bill and crowd to go with it. The fans are kind of like a mix between prog rock and Depeche Mode (since they do a Depeche Mode cover, not my thing at all).

But the openers were The Haunted and Pelfmegor (!). Death metal and then outright Norway style satanic black metal? Opening for Lacuna Coil that draws a lot of 12 year old girls?

Weird.

I guess I should stick to the regular metal shows.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts