MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just out of curiosity, anyone know which manufacturer(s) make the stock silver "star" pattern wheels on the MV's? Marchesini?

Did a search here but to no avail.

Mike

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Brembo is cast onto the stars somewhere inside the flange of the spokes themselves(look from the drivechain side of the wheel) if you know what I mean, check out the rear wheel, it's the easiest to see.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
Silver Stars are the best looking wheels money can buy

they look much better than the poxy things on my 312:naughty:

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
I agree completely! I also find it strange that the MV uses Nissin brakes. Not that there is anything really wrong with them, but they certainly are out of place on there.

I am thinking of pin striping my wheels like this. FOr now I will just keep the rim stripe, but if I pin stripe it will be even narrower.

Phil

P.S. FWIW, I have a PERFECT low mileage pair of silver Star Wheels that I would consider selling. They are from an 06 Brute and have 300 miles on them. Pure ART!

:brutale:

Attachments

·
Registered
215 Posts
i was torn weather to pin strip my wheels, but now i've seen yours, i think i will. but bike red any suggestions, they look sick.!!:mouthwate

·
Registered
322 Posts
I'm another fan of the "Star" wheels. The first time I walked into the dealership (they also sell Ducati, Aprilia, KTM, as well as H,S, and Kawasaki) where I purchased my bike, despite all the other bikes in the showroom, I was immediately drawn to an MV after spying the "Star" wheels.
Very distinctive, and stunningly beautiful!

·
Administrator
20,083 Posts
speaking of Nisin... the gauge cluster is a Nisin OEM as well...

basically half the bike is Japanese?
It's a Global Economy....significant portions of "American Made" cars come from overseas and lots of VW parts made in Mexico.

Some Yamaha bikes come from Brazil, some Suzukis come from Spain.

Even Harley-Davidsons have European EFI systems and Japanese switch gear.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts