MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow MVist,

After searching the damper threads, there might be enough interest in a steering damper group buy. Personally, I am interested in the Matrix style, not the Scotts/Ohlins style purely based on looks.

If there is enough interest, I will take it upon myself to organize a group buy. I'd rather not spend more than $450 for a damper. It seems that as MV Agusta owners, we are being fleeced by paying a $200+ premium simply for them to make a different style mounting. An ohlins damper for a 749 is $450.

PM me if you are in the US and interested. I will contact the various vendors to see what their best price for a group buy will be. I know that for a while oncycles.com was offering $450 for the matris damper, but I am not sure if its still being offered.

More details to come if there is sufficient interest. Thank you for reading.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Actually, pricing for an Ohlins/Scotts is around the $325 range...so a rod style damper should be around that price BEFORE a group buy, if you're talking typical sportbike prices...

·
Registered
100 Posts
I would be interested in getting a better price on a steering damper. Let me know if you are able to drum up enough interest.

I am on the east coast (Boston, MA)

Just in case here is my email
[email protected]

·
Registered
75 Posts
Actionong - count me in as well, as long as it isn't the Scott version. I would prefer a rod version like the matrix dampers.
Thanks,
Duane

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Alright guys, looks like there is enough interest so this is going down!

I have begun contacting some vendors. So far, oncycles.com has said they are not interested in participating, which is too bad. I will contact ProItalia (LA) and eMoto (UK).

Any other vendors I should call?

·
Registered
75 Posts
You may want to give the folks at https://www.motovationusa.com/ a call. Althought I have been real pleased with the service and support from eMoto and they are the big players here - would be good to support them if possible. It's a shame the dollar is so weak in the UK!

·
Registered
268 Posts
Instead of doing a group buy with a retailer looking for a marginal discount, why not look for a wholesale purchase with the manufacturer?

Personally i'd been looking at the Arrow damper. But count me in, let us know what the sitch is.

·
Registered
443 Posts
MVAli said:
I don't think I really need the damper on this bike but if the price were right I am a sucker for any goodie.
I agree - the front end feels planted and I haven't gotten a twitch out of it so far; not even the hint of a twitch. With my Kaw ZX-6R I took a ride around the block and KNEW it needed a damper! :)

Tom

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Why not

manalagi001 said:
Instead of doing a group buy with a retailer looking for a marginal discount, why not look for a wholesale purchase with the manufacturer?

Personally i'd been looking at the Arrow damper. But count me in, let us know what the sitch is.
Open to suggestions. I will definitely check it out.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts