MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

As the title says.

1) how was the install? Easy? Plug and play?

2) fitment and quality? As expected from both vendors?

3) visibility and brightness? Does it perform well in the day time?

4) design? Are you happy with placement of LEDs? Does it complement the tail section.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and for your answers.

I installed the turn signals in the rear mesh vents if the tail section but feedback I got from fellow riders is they are hard to see during the day. I'm looking at options to keep the tail section clean looking with out having to mount the turn signals back on the licence bracket.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
photos would be nice aswell been looking at the clear type for my white f3 not sure if there legal in uk mind
I'm thinking the same thing here in Canada.

I know the clear lens would be legal, but I really like the look of the smoke lens, since it matches my black colour scheme better.

Tried YouTube to find vids but no luck so far. There are pics of the lights installed on Design Corse's site but they aren't what I'm looking for.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have have installed it on my F3 800. Bought a smoke light from design corse, it is much brighter than the original 1. Turning signal is visible but not so clear when you hit the brake though. The installation is straight forward, the quality is as good as original too.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have have installed it on my F3 800. Bought a smoke light from design corse, it is much brighter than the original 1. Turning signal is visible but not so clear when you hit the brake though. The installation is straight forward, the quality is as good as original too.
Is the brake light/turn signal LED and is it possible to just swap it out for a brighter one.

·
Registered
357 Posts
I installed the integrated tail for my F3 off of the designcorse website. Figment was great install was easy. I cut the harness on the factory tail to use the OEM connector. Looks good and you can't tell it was aftermarket after I heat shrunk and wrapped the wiring. ImageUploadedByMotorcycle1403740530.435175.jpg

·
Registered
45 Posts
On this topic, sort of, has anyone tried to use the new factory 2016? LED tail light in place of the 2014 globe model?
I have tried and nothing lights up! Wondering if it needs some LED driver circuit or something?

·
Registered
233 Posts
i have one, clear lens, from designcorse but not with integrated signals... i can say i am really satisfied.. i think it has better quality and finish than OEM...

and its nice bright helluva taillamp!

·
Registered
536 Posts
yes to all the questions, I really like the integrated light unit, tidies up the rear end and works well

However, in the UK where I live it will fail an MOT as the indicators need to be 8" apart.

If the indicators are fitted they have to comply with size/frequency/appearance etc ....however if they are not fitted or disconnected that is fine too. Its a fail if fitted but not working

so I will just disconnect them - its a 5 min job, seat off, pull 2 plugs. The light unit is plug n play

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
how do you differentiate between fitted and not working and fitted and disconnected ?
Depends if the MOT tester notices I guess....Ive not seen them take the seat off, clear out under the seat and go looking for disconnected wires in the past

really this stuff is borderline and up to your friendly MOT tester to interpret ....a bit like the noisy end can you have fitted that is louder than what it says its supposed to be on the V5

A bit like those 10p sized stick on red reflectors they advise you to fit, if you have fitted a tail tidy and lost the red reflector.....

·
Registered
408 Posts
i only ask because i'll have to cross that bridge when mine is due for the MOT , i'll have to cross the noisy exhaust bridge as well , but it doesn't have "not for road use" stamped on it

·
Registered
536 Posts
i only ask because i'll have to cross that bridge when mine is due for the MOT , i'll have to cross the noisy exhaust bridge as well , but it doesn't have "not for road use" stamped on it
Yeah, understood. I guess you just have to find a local MOT tester that uses common sense. To be fair, most of the bike ones I know are great. They have to be otherwise we would all have to change our number plates, exhausts, lights etc each year :)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts