MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, all -

Count me amongst the purists... who still like a secret modification or two. I'm partial to leaving the MV looking like a stock MV, but packing some upgrades here and there.

For example, the brake light... it needs something more. In past lives, I've used Pirate's kit on an old F4, I've added Hyperlites to a different bike, etc. Now, I'd prefer to find a way to seriously brighten up the existing brake light, without modifying the exterior look of the bike.

Has anyone found a way to install LED's or some other juiced-up system within the existing brake lens? I'm not looking for the clear alternatives version (with the white lenses). Rather, I'd like the existing red lens to light up like the sun!

Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Thomas

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
i guess you could buy the clear alternatives one and remove the circuit board/bulbs and install it into another stock lens. that would give you the integrated signals/led brightness and keep your red lens. may not light up "as" bright though due to double red (light/lens).

·
Registered
774 Posts
How about this LED light found on ebay ?

It has the same socket as the stock one and you can keep the red plastic.

ID N°: 4594417914

Attachments

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
style_one said:
i guess you could buy the clear alternatives one and remove the circuit board/bulbs and install it into another stock lens. that would give you the integrated signals/led brightness and keep your red lens. may not light up "as" bright though due to double red (light/lens).
I've thought about it. I want LEDs and the integrator, but don't want the clear lense...just screams squid or rice to me. The fact that it's on an MV kinda negates that fact, but it still would feel cheesy to me. That, and an all matte black bike with clear taillights just doesn't appeal....

·
Registered
1,937 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the tips, guys. I've ordered both the LED bulb, as well as the higher wattage standard bulb. Will report on the results of both.

Meanwhile, I've contacted a guy who makes LED's that fit inside BMW rear turnsignal lenses. They're a neat contraption -- they blink red when stopping, and hold steady after 5 seconds. I'll see if he can fabricate something to fit in the MV rear indicators -- that would preserve the simple look while adding some ah-ha visibility to the bike. Pictures if sucessful...

Thanks again

·
Registered
184 Posts
That picture of the round LED bulb is a joke.. I tried one and it's about 8 0% dimmer then the stock bulb.. If yer into some jolt from a LED, check http://www.luxeon.com/ you may have to poke around to get waht you need.. and dont forgert to order RED, the white will come off orange through the red lens..

Coleman,.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I have the "clear alternatives" LED rear lights on order. Will post picts and impressions when they come in.
I think they will blend nicely with the 910R's black/gray scheme...and the cf on order. :naughty:

John T

·
Registered
238 Posts
Well guys I got a pair of these, didn't come singly from fleabay.

24 LED RED 1157/380 Tail and Stop light bulbs (250202450931)

They do make quite a difference in visibility.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Clear Alternatives offers the LED taillight in RED. It is integrated but if you dont connect the yellow wires from the taillight, it will act as a regular stop and running light. The turnsignals wires (yellow from the taillight) are optional.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts