MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05' F41000 and am thinking about getting the mid-pipe/removing the cat. I ONLY want to do this if it makes the bike sound better/louder, since I know there is basically no performance increase. If it doesn't sound significantly meaner without the cat, then its a waste of my time and money. Let me know where I can get one and if there are different brands etc...THANKS in advance!!! MK:)

·
Registered
130 Posts
I had the cat removed from the mid-pipe of my 06 Senna (i.e. F4 1000R).

No increase in noise that I could hear. Small increase in power, not really noticeable. Certainly cleaned up the fuelling around 5k rpm, and therefore very much worth doing.

bc

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
I would suggest an RG3 along with the midpipe. Just what I did.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Maximum Velocity said:
I would suggest an RG3 along with the midpipe. Just what I did.
+1 and race ecu or power commander

·
Registered
352 Posts
I spoke with some mechanics today from FBF and they said that it is not necessary to re-program the eprom if you are only instaling a midpipe. I just ordered the straight through midpipe today, so I guess I will find out first hand for myself.

·
Registered
5,572 Posts
Tont said:
+1 and race ecu or power commander
Or a Rapid Bike Module :)

·
Registered
146 Posts
I bought a Gianelli mid-pipe from Ferracci a few months ago. Double checked with Mike in service first, just to be sure there were no warranty issues. He said no problem. Installation took me about an hour. Seems to run a little cooler, no real sound difference. I'm still having a little problem at 5k but hell, it's no fun below 7k anyway! I'm gonna do the RG3's as well and probably an ECU swap with Ferracci. My bike is an '07R.

·
Registered
124 Posts
312 RG3 Slip ons

I ordered the RG3 slip ons for my 312. I cannot get just the mid pipe (to get rid of the cat) for the 312 because its one piece all the way to the engine. Has anyone just installed the slip ons and how did the 312 run?

·
Registered
579 Posts
how much was that XOP
and did you re cal the fuel?
and do you notice any heat decrease?

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
"You need the eprom or ecu to go along with your pipe swap."

Here' the formula fella's:
Pipe (by it's self) = N/G
Pipe, with proper fuel management = cooler running bike, with increased & more responsive power.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts