MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have never seen this on a front tyre before.

Guy at Michelin says flat tyre and camber!

Remember we drive on the left over here!

Guy at dealer says camber but hey!!! It's worn 2-3mm more off one side and I really corner faster to the left not the right on bends.

I think camber would have to be pretty severe to wear a tyre out like this in 6 -7000kms!!

What does anyone else think???

Attachments

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The right hand side is very flat with two ridges where the flat spots meet the natural round of the profile.

Feels shocking when you run your hand across it!!!

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
HAH!!!!! Somebody else with my problem....check this thread:

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4239

So that equates to road crown if it's wearing on the opposite side than mine... definitly road crown...whew...I can now sleep easy at night, as my damn tires still haven't arrived!!!!

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
A good thread OICDN, you can barely see the crown on our roads down here but it must be that.

I also have the cupping issue which probably occurs as in many times when I have hit the corners way too fast and have had to brake severely before going through them!!

Some other riders have said 'Do you notice it in the handling?' I haven't but with my experience I don't know how you tell if an MV handles well or not as I never get into power slides, wheelie out of corners or drag my knees!!! HeHeHe!!!

The only thing that scares me or worries me is that I just want to ride the bloody thing all the time!!!!

·
Registered
50 Posts
There is another possibilty too, but with the MV lower triple tree being so big & the dia. of the front axle, I'd think it was a lot less likely than on other brands. & those brands that don't have a top tree steering stem clamping lock type device do it even easier(Aprilia for instance).
The top & bottom triple trees can go out of alignment to each other with a good knock &/or if they were installed wrong in the first place. This throws out your wheel alignment even on a single sided swingarm m/cycle.
You can check it by fitting two alloy box/rectangle lengths of solid material to either side of your rear wheel/tyre, touching it evenly. Then measure the gaps from the front edges of the box section to the edges of the front tyre,(front back & both sides), these measurements should all be equal/the same on a bike with no wheel off set envolved in it's design.
Front triple tree alignment is one of the most missed/over looked parts of bike set-up & alignment. I'll see if I can dig up my old link on it as it's got some pics in there.

Here u go....
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36317&highlight=alignment

1 - 6 of 6 Posts