MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was thinking of picking up an MV t and polo but the dealers around me say they have stuff on perpetual backorder.

Has anyone had any luck or found a legit dealer with stuff in stock? Not talking the cheap T with the shops name on it, something direct with ONLY MV on it.

Id talk about doing a group thing but I suspect MV might frown upon selling shirts with their logo on it, even if it was at cost.

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
I was thinking of picking up an MV t and polo but the dealers around me say they have stuff on perpetual backorder.

Has anyone had any luck or found a legit dealer with stuff in stock? Not talking the cheap T with the shops name on it, something direct with ONLY MV on it.
I saw a lot of cool apparel, including tons of cool official t-shirts and polos at Dipi-Moto in the Netherlands. Most of it was priced at about double msrp.

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Ryan You know that there is in general little to find at US dealers, except Harley, Indian, Victory.
I buy most of my stuff in Germany from dealers there.
And than there is Gabriele of Evolution Bike or Startwin with good collections.
Lastly there is eBay.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Nothing at Kyle's shop ? I see he has an F4 RC too !

In all honesty buddy, MV is yet to learn about merchandise sales used as advertising - friends (Honda Dealers) bought me a MV jumper and they had to import it.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
23,110 Posts
The US has an import issue because of labor laws where the stuff is made.
MV USA is working on it.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)

·
Registered
225 Posts
I'm with ya on the lack of available apparel. Hell, I just want a couple of shirts and a sweatshirt...

and a beanie...

maybe a scarf for when I'm feeling particularly L.A hipster....:laughing:

despite the above being 99% true, Newport Italian (Motorcycle dealer in Newport Beach/Costa Mesa Ca) i believe has some MV apparel

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill try Newport.

Camberdually, yeah that is all I can seem to find. Its cheap "uniform" shirts with an iron-on logo on the front and an advertisement for the dealer on the back. Thats fine if its free but I want a couple of nice things I would actually wear. The real embroidered stuff like what Dons is wearing.

Dont need much, like two shirts just to wear to events and whatnot.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ordering a large polo and t-shirt from the Newport dealership and changed my german order to a large as well (they both said they run really small and not the "all americans are fat" small). That should cover me for a decade.

Thanks!

·
Registered
445 Posts
They fit very small, I would order at least one if not two sizes bigger

·
Super Moderator
23,110 Posts
Ryan likes that metrosexual sausage-in-a-casing look.....:smoking:

·
Registered
17,191 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
I'm with ya on the lack of available apparel. Hell, I just want a couple of shirts and a sweatshirt...

and a beanie...

maybe a scarf for when I'm feeling particularly L.A hipster....:laughing:

despite the above being 99% true, Newport Italian (Motorcycle dealer in Newport Beach/Costa Mesa Ca) i believe has some MV apparel

+1 on Newport Italia in Costa Mesa. And they just did a remodel of the showroom, dumped ALL other brands of motorcycles, and the only exclusive MV dealer in the US... so they had better start stocking up on gear! Prior to the remodel that place was very well designed... probably the nicest Motorcycle showroom i've been inside.. not the largest, but you can definitely tell they put in a lot of effort on merchandising and branding themselves and the manufacturer.

For cold-weather apparel Im ALLLL about that Moto Corse sweatshirt --- but winter is just about over.. the MV lineup of apparel is very, very dull... honestly, I think they need to subcontract that work to another designer cos whoever is doing it in-house fell asleep at the wheel back in 1998 and never awoke.

·
Administrator
21,095 Posts
It used to be "Hydrogen" was the supplier/designer of the casual apparel......and the prices were just stupid high.
I agree there needs to be some nice stuff, and MV USA could easily get a partnership here for a US line of "Genuine" clothes if they wanted. Pilot makes a lot of stuff for the Japanese brand distributors in this country.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Got the stuff from Newport. Definitely much better quality fabric and actually sewn in instead of an iron on or patch. Not that expensive for what it is, like $40 for the t and $70 for the polo. Probably $10 more than equivalent quality unbranded stuff.

Also, its one size down if you're in shape....

Attachments

1 - 20 of 51 Posts